Questions for enrolling to electrical engineering at UNSW (1 Viewer)

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
Hi

So i just get accepted into electrical. I now have to choose between 3 programs,electrical,telecommunications and photonic engineering. I read on the handbook that three of them have the same program structure in the first year. Can I pick electrical right now and if I am interested in telecommunications in the second year can i transfer to that program?

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, you can transfer given your marks are high enough at the end of the year.

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
I heard from others, for engineering it is a credit average.

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
I read on the unsw website that i need WAM 65 to transfer to another program. Thanks

Anyway,so i just read on this link : http://www.eet.unsw.edu.au/sites/default/files/electrical_3640new.pdf that it's recommended to do higher physics A instead of physics A for electrical engineering. Is it true?
I plan to take higher maths A and B but if it's recommended to take higher physics A (and the compulsory higher physics B for electrical engineering student) perhaps I'll drop to maths A and B so it won't be a hard year for me.

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Yep, electrical engineers have to do higher physics. You should keep higher maths, you can still drop it later if you find the workload too much, but tbh it really isn't that much more than regular maths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)