Questions concerning Business Admin etc (1 Viewer)

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Hey all , i have some urgent questions (hehe gotta change me preferences soon)

1. Im thinking of doing a double degree of IT and Business , are double degrees in general.. particulary this one extremly hard work . More importantly , does this mean i do these two courses AT THE SAME TIME ?.

2. Another thing , can the Business Admin course branch out (options) into Information Technology? ( it says computing , but i want to know if this is what they mean specifically)

3. Is it easier/better to branch out or do the double degree?

Many thanks :D

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
the work load for double degrees are the same for the single degrees. that is a full time work load will consist of 24 credit points per year at macquarie. the only difference between the double and singles degree(s) is that the double degrees are longer in duration, that is, it will take an extra year.

in my opinion, i think the double degree is a better option. it will give you 2 degrees in two different fields, admin and IT.... it would be much more appealing to employers.

doe

HSC
N/A
yeah i know a few people who have done or are doing this. as they said the workload is the same it just takes 1 or 2 years longer. the units are fairly seperate, i dont think the university is that fussed with the order in which you complete them. for example you could spend 1 year doing bba subjects then the next year doing comp subjects then bba, then comp etc or you could maybe just do most of one degree, then most of the second degree, then finish off any other bits you have.

we need to get majesty back on bos.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Thank you v.much

few more things

1. Alright , it says recommended Mathematics Extension 1 , however i have only done Mathematics (heh i have no regrets about this personally... ) , so will i really struggle here? is an immediate bridging course necessary?

2. Furthermore , im not going to ever do this , but say if i dont want to continue my IT degree.. can i drop that part of my course and just continue along with business????

thanks

~ForAGoodCause~

always been the easy kill
Can we take a ride? ... get out of this place whil
HSC
1. in the BBA side, there shouldnt be any struggle at all ... im not sure with IT, but im guessing its the same. Dont worry about it, you dont really use maths at all, and even then only the basics.
There is no need to do a bridging course.

2. Yeah that should be fine.

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
do business degrees at mac have a fairly good rep??

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
you can pretty much drop the IT degree at any time i think. as long as you have the gpa to keep your bbaone that is. i think
and with the maths, the IT degree is like really maths intensive. and you'll need to be pretty good at maths. imho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)