questions about frankenstein and metropolis (1 Viewer)

tamdz

HSC
what are Shelley and Lang's ultimate purposes when creating their texts? what message are they actually trying to convey to audiences? thanks.

howcanibesmarter

HSC
shelleys trying to convey the issues of unsanctioned technological advancements, trying to perfect the human race which ultimately fails through the creation of frankenstein.

here is a snippet form my essay:
Impelled by the socio-political upheaval marked by the Enlightenment’s scientific rationalist expansionism, Shelley’s disruptive gothic novel Frankenstein confronts Rationalist beliefs by dismantling the established supremacy of human intellect, conveying how unsanctioned scientific advancements punitively culminates in immorality and alienation rather than solace.

as for metropolis, i have watched the film but havent started on analysising but from what i gather its something like this: (should be something similar)

the purpose is to provoke reflection on societal issues such as class division, inequality, industrialisation, and technological advancements (same as frankentstein). serves as a cautionary tale for social change, urging viewers to consider the consequences of an imbalanced and dehumanising society.

tamdz

HSC
shelleys trying to convey the issues of unsanctioned technological advancements, trying to perfect the human race which ultimately fails through the creation of frankenstein.

here is a snippet form my essay:
Impelled by the socio-political upheaval marked by the Enlightenment’s scientific rationalist expansionism, Shelley’s disruptive gothic novel Frankenstein confronts Rationalist beliefs by dismantling the established supremacy of human intellect, conveying how unsanctioned scientific advancements punitively culminates in immorality and alienation rather than solace.

as for metropolis, i have watched the film but havent started on analysising but from what i gather its something like this: (should be something similar)

the purpose is to provoke reflection on societal issues such as class division, inequality, industrialisation, and technological advancements (same as frankentstein). serves as a cautionary tale for social change, urging viewers to consider the consequences of an imbalanced and dehumanising society.
yep i got most of that thanks bro

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)