Questions about February Rounds. (1 Viewer)

LeadTaco

HSC
N/A
I got an offer for my 2nd preference in the main rounds, and whilst I'm happy with that. I've had a change of heart in the past few days and would rather do my 3rd preference or my 1st (if I get in).

So I'm wondering how do I allow myself to become eligible for my 3rd preference? Do I put it above my the preference I got accepted into. Also, can I do this with courses that previously were not even on my preference list?

Also, how do I guarantee I can still do the offer I got in the main rounds if I don't get any latter offers. Do I just have to accept the offer or also enroll, or will this make me ineligible for other courses? (It's at Maq if that makes any difference)

Thanks.

HSC
Not sure about macq but at unsw you have to accept the offer and then fill out another set of online forms to 'officially' become a student. Accepting a course offer wont make you ineligible for other courses. Also I would as you said place your 3rd preference above the one you were accepted into and you can add in new preferences that you wish to apply for. The main point with being eligible for feb round offers is just changing your preferences :) hope that helped

LeadTaco

HSC
N/A
Not sure about macq but at unsw you have to accept the offer and then fill out another set of online forms to 'officially' become a student. Accepting a course offer wont make you ineligible for other courses. Also I would as you said place your 3rd preference above the one you were accepted into and you can add in new preferences that you wish to apply for. The main point with being eligible for feb round offers is just changing your preferences :) hope that helped
Thanks a lot

matthado

HSC
Whatever you do, the course that you got an offer on, either move it towards last or just delete it in your preferences and the course that you hope to get an offer for in the Feb round, you'll move that to the first preference.

LeadTaco

HSC
N/A
Whatever you do, the course that you got an offer on, either move it towards last or just delete it in your preferences and the course that you hope to get an offer for in the Feb round, you'll move that to the first preference.
Will I still have my main round offer after the February Rounds if I've only accepted it and NOT enrolled?

MiseryParade

HSC
Will I still have my main round offer after the February Rounds if I've only accepted it and NOT enrolled?
Yes. (you generally need to be enrolled by mid February though after accepting your offer)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
So I'm wondering how do I allow myself to become eligible for my 3rd preference? Do I put it above my the preference I got accepted into. Also, can I do this with courses that previously were not even on my preference list?
Yes and yes. Do this. Order your preferences in the manner which you want to do them the most.

Also, how do I guarantee I can still do the offer I got in the main rounds if I don't get any latter offers. Do I just have to accept the offer or also enroll, or will this make me ineligible for other courses? (It's at Maq if that makes any difference)
Accept the offer you have now, then wait to see if you get offers in later rounds. If you are unsuccessful in later rounds, at least you have your current offer that you have been accepted into. Then you can try an internal/external transfer during/after first semester into the program that you want that you previously did not receive an offer for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)