Question (1 Viewer)

G

Gavvvvvin

I know Ive missed the application closing date for semster one by a mile...but is there any chance at all I will still be able to get in?

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
Go see or call the head teacher of the section you want to apply for, some TAFEs have a fair few drop outs from application time to start time (people get into uni, they move, etc) so there is always a chance that a spot might open up if the waiting list is not too long. They will also suffer drop outs in the first few weeks so if you get on a waiting list they might pull you in after the initial drop offs. It will also depend on the course as to how popular and subscribed it is. And then there are also non-application courses where you just turn up on enrolment day next year and first in will get a spot.

This week might be the best time as next week is the last teaching week and after that they will be running around screaming chasing missing marks and a whole heap of end of year problems before going on holidays until middle of January.

Either way the possibility is there depending on the course/campus and the longer you leave it the less likely you are to get in.

You'll never never know if you never never go.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I rang up Ultimo TAFE after Surveying Cert IV was cancelled and l asked what l could do. The lady told me to still send an application in for the diploma, even though the date for applications was over. In the other factors section (E) l put that the course l wanted to do first was cancelled, so l would prefer to do the diploma. The course may need some more people so you might add to the numbers.

special kake

tafe apps

hey i had the same problem.
except my story was i wanted 2 find out wat was happening about nida 1st. i didnt get in2 nida cause of my age, 2 young. they recommended that i do a design course at tafe 1st, but the problem with that was that i hadnt applied 4 tafe n the application date closed.

wat i did was look at the courses i wanted 2 do on the net, copy the contact details down 4 them and call. i called all the tafes n one was mean n rejected me straight away.
but in some of the secluded tafes, like nepean, they accept late applications. just gotta ask around.

and some courses that dont need applications, well tafes should be open on the 28th and 30th January for any people who want them. lidcombe tafe i called up sed that sometimes enough people dont get in to certain tafe courses or drop out and will let people in on those days. ask the tafe u wanna get into about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)