Question (1 Viewer)

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
cause at school the principal and teachers were asking my younger sister what course I was doing and what uni I was studying at.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
thats odd, because i read somewhere in this forum that the school finds out what course and where you're heading ...
but that doesnt necessarily indicate uai, because i know some people who made it into advanced science at sydney but didnt make the cut-off ...

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
thats odd, because i read somewhere in this forum that the school finds out what course and where you're heading ...
but that doesnt necessarily indicate uai, because i know some people who made it into advanced science at sydney but didnt make the cut-off ...
somehow I don't think they find out, I mean if the school knew what course and uni I was going to they wouldn't have to ask my sister at school especially the principal.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by Twintip
Maybe he just didn't know what you were doing (I'm sure there are many people in your year) and it may have come up in conversation. I doubt he was 'officially' trying to find out what you're doing.
yeah mebbe thats why u keep everything to urself:D

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
no school don't know
I was recently rang up by my school's career's advisor asking me my UAI and wat uni course I'm doing
she said that it was the "annual ringaround" to every ex-yr12 student

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Hmm I think my school somehow obtained or was sent a list (without looking them up in the paper). Not 100% sure though.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
hmm I thought schools were sent a list of what each student was doing. Maybe they just go through the paper and individually search for each students name.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by Bon
Nah, schools aren't told by UAC I believe.
i dont know about that - i thought they did... my skool this year got all the UAIs of the 2002 girls and published them all in the skool newsleter... they printed out the marks and the girls who got 85+ which was about 25 girls... my sister is one of them and the skool didnt call her, or get in contact with her... and she wasnt published in the newspaper...

so i really dont know :confused:

bobo123

HSC
i reckon schools get the info because
my school published its results yesterday

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
We know for certain that:

1. Schools are never given your UAIs.
2. Schools have access to all of your HSC marks.

Whether or not they are given or have access to a list of university offers made to their students is unknown.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
I was under the impression that schools were about to find out about the uni offers that had been made to you, which them gives them an idea of what uni you got when you combine it with the hsc results they already have.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by ToOhEyZ

i dont know about that - i thought they did... my skool this year got all the UAIs of the 2002 girls and published them all in the skool newsleter... they printed out the marks and the girls who got 85+ which was about 25 girls... my sister is one of them and the skool didnt call her, or get in contact with her... and she wasnt published in the newspaper...

I'm not sure if thats an ethical thing to do, on your school's part - publishing everyone's UAI like that - do u know if they were at least asked if they minded?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
i havent heard a thing from my school ... and i havent been back since the last day of hsc exams ...

they didnt even bother to ring or anything ... :(

chait

Originally posted by ToOhEyZ

for us..
only ppl who got 99.3+ got a mention...(milly or weisy, how many were there?) perhaps only the ppl with more than 90 in over 10 units.. i don't know.. i know that there are ppl who got 99+ who weren't acknowledged.. i'm guessing that roughly 50% of the grade got over 90 uai (been this way for yrs).

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
i havent heard a thing from my school ... and i havent been back since the last day of hsc exams ...

they didnt even bother to ring or anything ... :(
neither, I haven't heard a thing from my school, they didn't ring either.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ultimate
neither, I haven't heard a thing from my school, they didn't ring either.
at my school they got us to fill out this contact sheet, so that they would contact us afterward (hsc and uai results) ... and ive been waiting ...

my school usually has an assembly so time soon ... and i better be invited ... o well ...

chait

at my school they got us to fill out this contact sheet, so that they would contact us afterward (hsc and uai results) ... and ive been waiting ...

my school usually has an assembly so time soon ... and i better be invited ... o well ...
how often do you have assemblies? we have 3 a week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)