Question... (1 Viewer)

Althea

Hey there,

I'm working on an assignment at the moment and could do with a little help. I have to write an extended response answer to a certain question which asks 'how significant was terror in the consolidation and maintenance of State power in Russia and the Soviet Union during the years of 1918 to 1939' .

Now I have written up my points and have decided on my argument but I'd like to know if anyone would like to share their points/arguments with me so I can tell if I've covered all the possible areas. Anyone help/input would be greatly appreciated...

Many thanks!

*Althea*:D

Rory

HSC
I guess putting in something about Stalin and his purges might be good to add in, a big part of Stalin's position was based on fear, people were too afraid to speak against him so he had no competition and the little sign of competition he did have, he killed.

Rory

HSC
lol I've got that question now too, I'm guessing you do OTEN as well?

clerisy

HSC
Obviously talk a lot about terror, yes, but I wouldn't argue it was the only factor. You could also talk about the significance of the cult of personality, for example.

Rory

HSC
^ Wouldn't that be getting off topic, seeing as the question is specific that it want's you to talk about the terror aspect..

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)