Question! (1 Viewer)

BornToHula

HSC
N/A
I've been messing around with an ATAR calculator (The talent one) just to see how scaling works and stuff like that. I was wondering, seeing as the calculator doesn't take a school's ranking into account... how much differentiation in ATAR result would there be if my school were in the top 50 or thereabouts?

Jaymay

HSC
A mate of mine put her raw marks in, got 92, the next day she got her atar of 98.1. She went to roughly rank 70th. But that doesn't have much to say for school, it may, or it may not, theres so many factors

BornToHula

HSC
N/A
A mate of mine put her raw marks in, got 92, the next day she got her atar of 98.1. She went to roughly rank 70th. But that doesn't have much to say for school, it may, or it may not, theres so many factors
Wow.

Yeah, I was thinking it would be a difference of like 2 points maximum. You're right, there's a lot of factors, and to be honest I have no idea how we will rank, but we have been top 50 in the past so it'll be interesting to see.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
School rank only means that hypothetically your internal marks will be higher, ATAR calculators use hsc marks which have already been moderated and aligned so your school rank is completely irrelevant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)