Question (1 Viewer)

Gemstone

Hi I know this is probably going to seem like a stupid question but I just can't remember at the moment. What are Network based applications? Yeah I know stupid question but hey i'm having tempory memory loss and I've gotta find an example.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
mm sorry u need to complete the Q...

Network based wat------------------ applications? is it database applications etc??

Blay

the TwinBlade
would it be safe to say that we're all from SYDNEY
HSC
Hmm... i'm not 100% certain but they're either: Applications that run a network (eg, Novell Client) OR they're just applications that designed to run over a network.

Communications... hmm... which textbook do you use gemma? the Heinemann IPT book by GK Powers? I'm looking through that now and nothing's coming up on Network based Applications... Closest match: Network Operating Systems... and they're like Novell Netware, Windows NT, stuff that support computers that are connected to a LAN.

Or, i could ask my IT teacher and come back to you tomorrow :p

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
true...applications are sort of ''programs''....applications examples include Ms Word, Paint shop etc.....while Network based applications cud well be Internet explorer, Nover Client, Netscape...correct me if ive misinterpreted ur Q :)

Gemstone

Yeah that is much as I though. I think we are using the Hieneman book (it has a picture of a mouse on it. it's got a green colour scheme in the book). Yeah my teacher got this out of the sylabus because the book doesn't follow the sylabus correctly. So if your using it just be careful because it doesn't cover everything (so keep checking the sylabus). Thanks for the help.

Gemma

Blay

the TwinBlade
would it be safe to say that we're all from SYDNEY
HSC
Originally posted by Gemstone
I think we are using the Hieneman book (it has a picture of a mouse on it. it's got a green colour scheme in the book).
A picture of a mouse?? hmmm... well our one has a CD in the foreground a CD in the background and a scuzzi connector :S Oh wells, my one might be a reprint *shrugs*

Originally posted by Gemstone
Yeah my teacher got this out of the sylabus because the book doesn't follow the sylabus correctly.
...Oh crap

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
One with mouse in backgroung is: Heinmann IPT (HSC)
One with a CD: is : Jacaranda IPT (HSC)

i think Heinmann does go thru the syllabus, tho there must be *some* extra stuff.....jacaranda has *fair bit* of extra stuff as it was written keeping in mind that many SDD students also do IPT.....so yeah keep the syllabus with u! syllabus is ur bible for every subject!

i used both! jacaranda is good at practical understanding of IPT! while Heinmann is for definitions mainly!

Last edited:

Gemstone

Nah i've got Jacaranda but that's the one with the mouse on it.

We use the excel book to which is good because it picks up all the stuff the book leaves out.

Gemma

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
i didnt like excel......i think its more or less a cheated copy of heinemann!

oops i mite have said it the other way sorry...its been almost 4 months i had my ipt hsc :p

One with mouse in backgroung is: Jacaranda IPT (HSC)
One with a CD: is : Heinmann IPT (HSC)

Gemstone

lol lil star don't worry about it. I think I might try and get a copy of the heinaman book if it follows the sylabus better. Excel doesn't go into all that much detail on everything. But it told me what network based applications were. There internet browsers and that sort of thing.

Gemma

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
yeah do get heinmann...as jacaranda tends to miss syllabus stuff at times.....also jbe carefull when using jacaranda...as it is written so it helps both sdd and ipt students...i rememgber there was extra stuff in the option TPS...i did it! i learnt it! then when i realised we didnt need it...I forgot it! but it did take time learning/writing notes for stuff which was not even needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)