question (1 Viewer)

bboyelement

HSC
i did the my trial today and one of the questions asked for a diagram of a structure of a specific cell (which im not gonna just incase some ppl do the same exam)... but from the syllabus you get a choose the battery that you will study about... just say my battery that i did was different to that of the question asked and it was a 5 mark question plus naming the cathode and anode which was another 2 marks total 7 ... also one of the multiple choices asked for the electrolyte of another specific battery ... i was wondering if i should complain or not ... since its really unfair as some ppl might have studied that cell and they were lucky and i wasnt ... from looking back at all the questions in the past HSC i havent seen this situation b4 ... they always give you a choice.
this is what the syllabus says
gather and present information on the structure and chemistry of a dry cell or lead-acid cell and evaluate it in comparison to one of the following:
- button cell
- fuel cell
- vanadium redox cell
- lithium cell
- liquid junction photovoltaic
device (eg the Gratzel cell)
in terms of:
- chemistry
- cost and practicality
- impact on society
- environmental impact

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
bboyelement said:
... but from the syllabus you get a choose the battery that you will study about... just say my battery that i did was different to that of the question asked ... also one of the multiple choices asked for the electrolyte of another specific battery ... i was wondering if i should complain or not ... since its really unfair as some ppl might have studied that cell and they were lucky and i wasnt ... from looking back at all the questions in the past HSC i havent seen this situation b4 ... they always give you a choice.
this is what the syllabus says
gather and present information on the structure and chemistry of a dry cell or lead-acid cell and evaluate it in comparison to one of the following ...
Someone (either you or teachers) have misread the syllabus ..

I remember a question in the past Chemistry HSC asking for analysis on ONE type of cell ...

Riviet

HSC
N/A
If the question(s) asked for a specific named cell other than the lead acid or dry cell, then that is clearly harsh/unfair and I would think you have a case to argue.

bboyelement

HSC
yeh i told him as soon as it was reading time as i flipped through the pages ... the thing he ordered this paper from somewhere. how can they just write something thats not the in syllabus ... the organisation that made this paper must be really stupid. why dont they just hire some year 12 chemistry student to do the job at least they will know exactly whats in the syllabus ...

Riviet

HSC
N/A
bboyelement said:
why dont they just hire some year 12 chemistry student to do the job at least they will know exactly whats in the syllabus ...
How could they trust the student? :p

DC987123

HSC
yeh i told him as soon as it was reading time as i flipped through the pages ... the thing he ordered this paper from somewhere. how can they just write something thats not the in syllabus ... the organisation that made this paper must be really stupid. why dont they just hire some year 12 chemistry student to do the job at least they will know exactly whats in the syllabus ...
If the question(s) asked for a specific named cell other than the lead acid or dry cell, then that is clearly harsh/unfair and I would think you have a case to argue.
It IS IN THE SYLLABUS, u even quoted part of it b4 when u said "gather and present information on the structure and chemistry of a dry cell or lead-acid cell and evaluate it in comparison to one of the following",
u need to b able to compare dry cell/ lead-acid with one of the other types u listed, ergo u need to know 2 TYPES OF BATTERIES, u dont hav a case to argue as it is in the syllabus, learn the facts b4 complaining....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)