question regaurding uai (1 Viewer)

bre

G'day,

I really would like to know if your internal marks count towards your UAI, does anyone know? I've gotten some really crap marks already because our ancient history class got ditched by our teacher and this other teacher got dumped with us for our first assessment and because he didn't want to teach us, or he had some problem - he failed us all.

*crossess fingers in hope that the UAI only comes from external marks*

Cheers,
Bre

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
yeah they do, at the end of the year ur school marks are sent in and it accounts to 50% of ur HSC.

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Are you serious?

I thought it was just the ranks that count. Internal marks don't count, because some schools mark easy, and others mark much more difficult. And if internal marks do count, all schools could just mark easy giving all their students these excellent marks. I think the only marks that do count is the difference between each student.

sladehk

le random
HSC
The internal marks are sent to Bos where they are moderated depending on how good the people in your school doing the same subject as you(marks seen in the test). For example, if you were doing SDD and the teacher gave everyone very low marks to the BoS, and you all did extremely well(all in the high 90's) then the makrs sent by the school will be scaled up. However, if you all got high marks from the school and you all failed the test, your school makr will be scaled down.

felafel

internal marks determine your rank.

your rank is more important than your internal mark - say you get 70% but come 5th you're travelling fine!

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
internal marks = 50%, external marks = 50%.

your internal marks are sent to the board of studies. it is then scaled in terms of how well your cohert did, such as your averages. your internal marks are subjected to your external
marks. depending on how well your school, your internal marks would be scaled accordingly.

your ranks are important here, since whoever got ranked first, will get the external mark that came first from your school, 2nd ranked internally will then get the 2nd highest external mark. etc etc.

then they just take half of your internal scaled mark and half of your external scaled mark, to produce your scaled hsc mark.

refer to this thread if your still unsure. http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6642

Last edited:

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
its ur internal rank. not individual marks.
and remember, u have ur trials and some other assessments which will be worth way more than wat u have done so far. good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)