Question regarding speaking exam (continuerfag) (1 Viewer)

Olympus15

HSC
Hello,
Well, I have read that regarding the speaking exam it should play out more as a conversation than a monologue. Being conversatinal, should that involve the student giving easy questions to the examiner for a more "conversational" feel. Should this/can this be done at all? thanks.

Yamiyo

HSC
I thought it was discouraged to ask questions to the examiner, definitely not more than a couple of yes or no questions. It's really more of an interview than a conversation (or monologue). That means you should let the examiner direct you rather than going off on an irrelevant, rehearsed, tangent.
Good luck, btw.

twinkles.

endomorph.
HSC
^ why would you want to do that ?
there's no point in dropping it now since you've already gone this far

HSC
well i figure its not gunna be any of my top units
and i can speak it kinda which is what i wanted
so why spend all the time studying for it
when i could drop it and then just have english on the first day
i was just wondering

X

xeuyrawp

tacogym27101990 said:
well i figure its not gunna be any of my top units
and i can speak it kinda which is what i wanted
so why spend all the time studying for it
when i could drop it and then just have english on the first day
i was just wondering
How about not study for it, and still sit the test just in case? There's no harm in doing so.

After the trials, I knew Design and Technology wouldn't count, and I was considering dropping it. Anyway, I studied for it for like one hour before the exam, and breezed through it (raw mark of ~87 I think). I'd spent only about half the class time on the major work itself, the other half studying for better subjects. Anyway, even though the subject didn't count to my UAI, it was a sort of backup in case I got <90 in another subject. In hindsight, it was still the right choice.

Sort of unrelated: Even though Japanese wasn't my strongest subject, and I was already doing 12 units, I did an extra unit of Japanese Extension. My teacher gave the class great advice: Even if you hate the language and suck at it, at least it'll give you practice. So I always tell students that it's better to a) have more subjects than you need (even if you know some won't count), and b) do Extension subjects where possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)