Question re: Law at Macquarie (1 Viewer)

Kabbasi

HSC
What has been the general trend with respect to the cut-off for Combined Law at Macquarie, particularly Law/Applied Finance? I saw that the 2007 cut off for this course was 94.4 and was wondering if that figure would rise too much for 2008. (I know that nobody is pyschic in this respect but some of you might have kept track of it over the years.) My UAI this year was 96.6 and I was wondering if this would be enough to study the course next year. Thanks in advance.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The recent trend has been down, but this year apparently the year as a whole did well, so who knows...

96.6 will be competitive, you could always transfer from a lower combined law one, then go into the App Fin one once you're in uni. Once you're in at MQ its very easy to move around :) (great internal transfer policies).

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
AsyLum said:
The recent trend has been down, but this year apparently the year as a whole did well, so who knows...

96.6 will be competitive, you could always transfer from a lower combined law one, then go into the App Fin one once you're in uni. Once you're in at MQ its very easy to move around :) (great internal transfer policies).
I agree with the great internal transfer policies lol Macquarie makes it VERY easy. :D Our first year subjects are very universal and make sure that if you transfer you won't be too far behind.

If you get 96.6, then you are very likely to get into Applied Finance/Law. If you just miss out, then don't fret coz chances are you can get into Commerce/Law (which was 93.6 last year) and major in Finance, where you'll do pretty much the same subjects first year. Transfer is also easy, you'll be able to transfer to Applied Finance/Law with a GPA of 2.25 (since you're already in Law, you don't have to meet Law requirements).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)