Question/Opinion (1 Viewer)

CasaNovo

HSC
N/A
Hows it goin fellas..
Want your opinion on whether i am capable of doing a maths bridging course at uni.
Since i only do maths general, to understand engineering im assuming (so is the uni) that maths 3unit is recommended. Im fairly mathematical minded, and if i sit my ass down and study i THINK i can manage.
Ive spoken to many peoples, with opinions varying greatly. Like i asked two maths teachers, one said if i apply my self i can understand it, the other said its a big step and stand no chance.
I also asked a relative, he was in the same situation as me (now he graduated from uni as a mechatronic engineer) and he said its possible, but you gotta study hard.

What you think people's is it possible?

Apprecaite any help.

Kittycat

HSC
If you are a real good math person but just chose to do General math, than you may be able to do it. What marks are you getting anyway. Look at your marks and if it is really good, then there should be a real good chance.

CasaNovo

HSC
N/A
My maths results differ depending on the topic. I excel at algebra, equations, area, (usually arounds the 83%+) etc. My weakness is probabilty(65%+). Thats roughly.. but do you think it will be a complete waste of money and time if i try?

Kittycat

HSC
well, by the looks of the result, you should give it a try but if you are trying to go do it, better start way before the start of the course cause trust me, 3 unit is hell. I am doing it right now and many people are dying ... except for the real smart ones. Alot of the selective students in my class barely passes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)