question on transfering degrees (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

Orange Juice said:
does anyone know whether i have to put in a transfer form if im changing from arts- psych to just arts?
It depends on how you enrolled in it. If you applied for the BA (Psych) degree specifically, or tranferred specifically, you'll have to fill out a tranfer.

cyan said:
the term psych is demeaning for some people. It brings about the notion of psycho. The correct term is psy or psychology (100% j/k btw)
Lol. You suck. :p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Oh, no. I was doing it because I've spoken to you before.

This thread's going to get owned by flyin'.
bscienceboi said:
Not if we both edit all our posts in this thread so that it stays on topic.

But then again, it gives flyin' something to do. :D
flyin' has better things to do in his time.

flyin' has always said, if you're going to spam or post nonsense [both just mean off topic posts], keep in one thread.

X

xeuyrawp

flyin' said:
flyin' has better things to do in his time.

flyin' has always said, if you're going to spam or post nonsense [both just mean off topic posts], keep in one thread.
You're not jeebus, you can't refer to yourself in third person:p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
ohh, watch flyin' refer to himself in the third person. (at least, he didn't refer to him in the third person plural, then itd be just weird :p)

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
PwarYuex said:
It depends on how you enrolled in it. If you applied for the BA (Psych) degree specifically, or tranferred specifically, you'll have to fill out a tranfer.

Lol. You suck. :p
cheers... the whole transfer process is too damn complex...

Cyan_phoeniX said:
the term psych is demeaning for some people. It brings about the notion of psycho. The correct term is psy or psychology :p (100% j/k btw)
*shakes head*

Catastrophe

HSC
i faxed the form last thursday and still dont have a reply in mail...and i gotta pay the student activation fee by 29th, and dont i have to change my timetable and stuff before 1st of August?

should i phone them and ask about my transfer?

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
i went in last wednesday and put my transfer papers in. i rang them yesterday and they told me it had been sent out on last friday. once the mail came yesterday i had official word that i was transferring.

but i already knew i had transferred before i got the letter. go into estudent, click 'change of enrolment' and then 'check course details'. if the course u wanted 2 transfer into is there, then congrats, you transferred.

now withdraw from your old units u had been enrolled in and enrol in the new ones. with hecs and fees etc, the lady said go to the cashiers office and tell them what units u enrolled into and they will print u out a new bill.

hope that helps

Catastrophe

HSC
i just check estudent and it shows both e business and accounting on it. but under accounting, all the units are same as the old e-business units. and i cant add any accounting ones in...

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
ok im not expert on this, but what i did was withdraw from the subjects i no longer was doing and then enrolled into the hrm ones. try withdrawing from the ebus ones and then add the others ... i dont noe!

i hope i dont screw u up!

Catastrophe

HSC
well, i only enroled in 2 units out of 4 now. somehow it doesnt allow me to get in bba111, saying i need to be enroled in b com accg first. but under my courses, it says e-business is re-parented and b com accg admitted. what does this mean? why is some of the first yr units still on the unit list?

what should i do for the student fees? if i pay now, do i have to pay again after the transfer?

Last edited:

Ava

HSC
What?? When I went to open day and asked about internal transfers (in MAQ) they said your UAI doesnt matter!!! GAH!!!!!

X

xeuyrawp

Ava said:
What?? When I went to open day and asked about internal transfers (in MAQ) they said your UAI doesnt matter!!! GAH!!!!!
I thought so too (one of my friends is trying to transfer), but in an email sent to her, and a subsequent meeting, it was shown that the UAI is still looked at.

Catastrophe

HSC
well, i got transfered into accg now, UAI was only 84.5, not high but also not low..

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
i always thought it was just GPA. if u look in the handbook it doenst mention looking at your UAI, only GPA and other criteria depending on the course

i think for internal transfer its just GPA.

but i remember reading somewhere that if the degree you wanted to transfer into wasnt on the sheet, it meant u need to transfer through UAC. so im guessing that would take into account your UAI and GPA

X

xeuyrawp

fornstar said:
i always thought it was just GPA. if u look in the handbook it doenst mention looking at your UAI, only GPA and other criteria depending on the course

i think for internal transfer its just GPA.

but i remember reading somewhere that if the degree you wanted to transfer into wasnt on the sheet, it meant u need to transfer through UAC. so im guessing that would take into account your UAI and GPA
About transferring to law. I doubt they have a different system just for law...

Dear Shelly,

I am presuming this is your first year at Macquarie studying something
other than law. At the end of this year, fill in the quota form (this
will be in the students' centre, or in my room W3A 531 by November) have
it back to me before the third week of January. We take half your UAI
and half your GPA, add the two together and rank you, then we offer the
top 20 people places for a trial run for the following year. If
accepted, you will only be allowed to do the first year LAW subjects, if
you are successful with both of these subjects we will then allow you to
change your status to a combined law student, then completing the rest
of your law degree like any other student. Just bear in mind, you can't
defer this place.

This entry is extremely competitive. We had 146 applications last year
for 20 places. We suggest you take the subjects this semester you enjoy
hence you will get the best possible marks.

Good luck with your studies

Maggie Liston
Undergraduate Enquiries
Division of Law
Macquarie University NSW 2109
Australia
phone: +61 2 9850 7098
fax: +61 2 9850 7686
email: maggie.liston@mq.edu.au

This message is intended for the add

Ava

HSC
Ah actually there is a different system if you want to transfer into law.

I got the sheet aswell I don't have it with me right now but I remember it didn't say anything about UAI (for internal transfer). I think I might check up on it anyway just incase.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)