question on TEMPEST (1 Viewer)

Bokky

HSC
Hi guys, I've studied The Tempest in class and ive written the journeys essay for it along with the other related texts. Im just wondering if in the essay we should write for example "blah blah...and this is seen in Act 1 Scene 2; "Doust think usurp watever watever". Is the "This is seen in act 1 scene 2"? important, or can we leave it out? would we lose marks if we do? coz if i keep writing that ill keep losing time. thanx guys :)

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
You could refer to it once or twice or integrate the quote into whatever you are saying like, for example (making this up) "The island on the Tempest combines several features that resonate strongly with the imagination of the audience. There is the shipwreck, storms and the magical inhabitants of the island. This is seen when Prospero, blah blah 'insert quote"(Act1, Scene2)". You can like, just reference your quote in brackets to suggest to the marker that you indeed know what you are talking about and where it is.

But by all means, of course you can reference by saying "this is seen in Act1, Scene 2, but i wouldnt worry too much about it refercing at all though. I think the relevance and mention of the quote will be fine. For my generic essay, i didnt write what scene, i just said Act. OR you can call the HSC help line...opens in 15mins. 131112. English teachers ive spoken to are awesome.

Im sorry if i confused you or something, cos i dnt even know what im talking about right now.

jmac101

don't think you need it. when you are quoting a novel you dont say the chapter.. so i dont see the difference here

HyPnOtiSeD

be my bad boy ...
HSC
aos essay

hey .. i was wondering if in the aos essay whether or not we need to refer to the contexts in which our core text and related texts have been composed in?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)