Question on Significant Person Impacting Religious Tradition- Please Help! (1 Viewer)

tjo176

HSC
In religion, where doing Christianity at the moment, ultimatley preparing for the question; "How did..... (in our case its Pope John XXIII) impact the development/expresison of Christianity

Despite how straight forward this seems, Im really getting mixed messages in approaching this question. On one hand, I am being criticsed for not talking about his history, his uprbring, his boigraphy and thus the qualtiies he developed. But other teachers are telling me to avoid discussing the events of his life.

Who's right? Who's wrong? Anyone who did it in 2008 or knows for sure, please please help!

kwabon

Banned
HSC
In religion, where doing Christianity at the moment, ultimatley preparing for the question; "How did..... (in our case its Pope John XXIII) impact the development/expresison of Christianity

Despite how straight forward this seems, Im really getting mixed messages in approaching this question. On one hand, I am being criticsed for not talking about his history, his uprbring, his boigraphy and thus the qualtiies he developed. But other teachers are telling me to avoid discussing the events of his life.

Who's right? Who's wrong? Anyone who did it in 2008 or knows for sure, please please help!
finito SOR last year, i reckon for that dot point, u should have only two paras for his biography, upbringing and his history , and from that point onwards, just talk about his personality on how he visited the sick and the poor, hence bringing the office of the pope closer to the people, which no other pope before him had done so, write a line or so on the instigation of the vatican and then expand on how he had changed the roman catholic church, by making the priest face the congregation and the giving more relevance to the laity, and then finally talk about his efforts on ecumenism and inter and intra faith dialogue between churches and religions. thats wat i would include, make it about 1 and a half pages typed.
u should be fine, if just follow this.

good luck

kaytt

HSC
Hey, I'm doing Pope John XXIII aswell. My teacher said to do hardly any biography... just quickly outline how he became pope (priest, cardinal etc with dates) and then thats it.

I think all we have to do is put a heavy emphasis on Vatican II and the encyclicals.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Booth above are kinda right as it depends upon you are talking a <6 marker or the 20 marker

Obviously you dont want to oversell the background stuff (who really cares where he was born and went to school? The markers dont!) but as a 20 marker, it can be helpful to give you some confidence to know some background stuff. Obviously the impact/contribute to Christianity is the key area (as per the syllabus) so that should be your focus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)