Question on GPAs (1 Viewer)

Oget

HSC
On the USYD website it says that your GPA is calculated from:

"The GPA is calculated for the last 3 years of the most recent bachelor degree or 2, 3 and Honours year if undertaken."

I had a fucking horrendous first year at uni, 3 fails all up. I'm doing an Arts degree and since arts is little more than a decorative piece of toilet paper I aim to transfer to Law which demands a credit average. Obviously 3 fails puts a credit average possibility out the window so can I do an extra year to my Arts degree (by doing 3 units per semester down from 4 and then doing another year of 3 units per semester).

Will this ensure my GPA gets calculated from 2nd year onwards and my shitty 1st year gets disregarded?

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A

"The GPA is calculated for the last 3 years of the most recent bachelor degree or 2, 3 and Honours year if undertaken."

I had a fucking horrendous first year at uni, 3 fails all up. I'm doing an Arts degree and since arts is little more than a decorative piece of toilet paper I aim to transfer to Law which demands a credit average. Obviously 3 fails puts a credit average possibility out the window so can I do an extra year to my Arts degree (by doing 3 units per semester down from 4 and then doing another year of 3 units per semester).

Will this ensure my GPA gets calculated from 2nd year onwards and my shitty 1st year gets disregarded?
Generally they go by year level (for the first degree), so you're pretty much stuffed unless you do honours or another degree.

Doomah

HSC
alternatively u can transfer to another uni. say UNSW, your GPA would reset.

do 1 year at UNSW and then use your GPA from UNSW to transfer into law.

there are always loopholes....

if you continue with your current degree, you would need 4 years to wipe out your 1st year disaster AND the fails would ALWAYS be on your transcript which isnt nice.

Though, I'm not sure if you do transfer to another degree within Usyd if the first degree's grades are shown in your second degree's transcript.

p.s i'm pretty sure Usyd law requires a bit more than a Cr average, more like a DN average considering the UAI cut off is 99's.

Last edited:

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
alternatively u can transfer to another uni. say UNSW, your GPA would reset.

do 1 year at UNSW and then use your GPA from UNSW to transfer into law.

there are always loopholes....

if you continue with your current degree, you would need 4 years to wipe out your 1st year disaster AND the fails would ALWAYS be on your transcript which isnt nice.

Though, I'm not sure if you do transfer to another degree within Usyd if the first degree's grades are shown in your second degree's transcript.

p.s i'm pretty sure Usyd law requires a bit more than a Cr average, more like a DN average considering the UAI cut off is 99's.
Im not going to bother reading the whole of your post, but you are COMPLETELY wrong about the GPA resetting.

Doomah

HSC
yes gpa reset when u change uni

so you ARE WRONG doofus

iluvGG

HSC

does that mean first year marks do not count towards your GPA in a 4 year degree like B Liberal Studies??

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
I think if/when you transfer degrees (whether it be to another uni or another course within uni), you can choose which subjects you want to transfer to your new degree. I'm not 100% sure on how it works though.

Doomah

HSC
Um no it doesnt. Not when you are transferring and applying through UAC. I've been through the process, I know what im talking about.

wtf r u on about, if he changed uni to say UWS then his GPA at UWS will start fresh

it wont carry on with Usyd gpa.

similarly for people who transfer from TAFE with a GPA of 7, they dont start off with a GPA of 7 at uni. other wise everyone will be doing that. u dumbass

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)