Question marks in central Material (1 Viewer)

katius16

HSC
Hey, can u use question marks to start off your chapters? Example:

Chapter One

What is the Definition of Cyberbullying and what are the Effects?

Is it allowed?

**KeIrA**

HSC
you sure can. all of my chapter headings have question marks.

:)

~lala~

HSC
As far as I know you are allowed to use questions as chapter headings (i did last year and got band 6).

However, I would tend to only use a question as a chapter heading when there is no set answer to the question you are asking (eg. in a chapter where you are discussing several different possible answers to the posed question).

In most other circumstances, I think it would be better to rephrase your question into a statement.
eg. What is the defintion of cyberbulling and what are the effects? could become: The effects of cyberbulling on (whatever your subject matter eg. young people, society etc.)

Also, instead of putting "what is the definition" etc. in the title, I think it would seem more academic to include the definiton somewhere at the beginning of the chapter eg. Cyberbulling can be defined as.... , or, It is difficult to define cyberbulling because.... I don't think it needs to be in the chapter heading as well.

Hope that helps. Talk about it with your teacher too, see what he/she thinks. Good Luck finishing your PIP. :)

Grim.Reaper

Banned
HSC
N/A
mmmyes you can but there are others ways [that are more effective] you can answer your question by simply naming a chapter, or using a rhetorical question.

with mine, i've simply given a name to each chapter an answered the questions with analysis of primary and secondary research.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)