Question in regards to Science degrees and dual degree (1 Viewer)

HowToNoob101

HSC
Hi all, the UAC preferences is closing soon so I have a couple questions I want to ask you guys. I'm looking at doing Science advanced and Engineering dual degree at UNSW, and I'm just wondering what would the career opportunity be like if I graduate? My parents are saying that I won't be able to find a decent job if I graduate from this combined degree - they want me to do commerce instead.

Also if I combine Science Advanced Mathematics instead of Science advanced, how would this impact my career? As from what I know the difference between the two is that in Science Advanced Mathematics you are able to choose Maths as your major.

Lastly, would USYD be a better choice for what I want to do? But they only have Science/Engineering dual degree, and not the Science advanced if I'm not mistaken - I'm also able to try out for the Gamsat for medicine if I go to USYD.

Thank you

Last edited:

tashe

HSC
N/A
Lastly, would USYD be a better choice for what I want to do? But they only have Science/Engineering dual degree, and not the Science advanced if I'm not mistaken
They do have adv science, not sure if it's a better choice though. Combined Science Courses - Future Undergraduate Students - The University of Sydney

You need to pick B Sc / B (2nd degree) and if you have the required atar for B Sc (ad), they may put you there on enrolment.

Just have a read of that link, particularly "Studying at the Advanced Level".

For UNSW, job prospects and MED, someone else has to answer that because I don't know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)