question about the macq GPA system (1 Viewer)

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
i heard that getting an HD doesn't help your GPA any more than a D does (something like if you get all Ds you get a GPA of 4, all HDs = same GPA).

If i transfer to another uni and they adjust the GPA in line with their system (such as usyd), do they also adjust it so the HDs help my GPA like they would if i had gotten them at usyd? does that make any sense? (it only will if the assumption i made in the first paragraph is correct)

i'm not expecting a whole lot of HDs or anything, but if i need a D average to transfer, i need something to balance out inevitable credits and, god forbid, passes

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
where do u want to transfer to??

if u want to transfer internally in maq... i doubt u'll need much Distinctions... to gte into ur preferred course

Toby

hmm..
I think if you transfer internally, they use the macq system
However, if you're transferring to another uni, they use that system (i.e. HD/D are not worth 4, but 7/6 etc)

edit: There was another thread floating around that explained all this

So basically, try for HDs

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
if trasnferring externally, they consider both your UAI and your GPA. and yes they would convert it to their individual GPA system. i thinkn macq's GPA system is used for INTERNAL trasnfers only. there is another thing called WAM (i think its WAM, weighted average mark), that they can use.

i'd say try for a HD if your trying to trasnfer into commerce/law at usyd/unsw.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
GPA = ( 4HD + 3D + 2C + 1P + 0F ) / Number of Subjects

:p

orangeguy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Grizzly
GPA = ( 4HD + 3D + 2C + 1P + 0F ) / Number of Subjects

:p
GPA = (4 x number of cp at HD&D + 3 x no. of cp at C + 2 x no. of cp at P + 1 x no. of cp at PC + 0 x no. of cp at F) / no. of credit points.

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
Grizzly, 97.40.

Thanks people, Minai said the same thing in another thread (after I posted this one). :)

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by golfstick
externally to syd or unsw. i am doing commerce/law at macq this year
You'll need a GPA so HIGH you get nosebleeds.

Hehe, I think a GPA of 4 will be needed...I remember someone I knew getting that and going to UNSW.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Peoples! The Macq GPA system is for - Macq Internal Transfers and Macq Honours. If you are looking for External Transfers, this is done via the UAC which (if you're in your 1st or 2nd year of uni) means they look at your UAI and uni grades. In short, if you want to transfer externally, HDs are worthwhile.

dead prez

I'm told (at UTS) when you submit your personal statement already having done a year of law at mac will give you substantial leverage.

your marks are put through UAC again yeah?
so how is entry determined? with 2005 UAI's?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)