Question about Textbooks (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi,
I'm starting uni this year, and a bit confused as to what textbooks to buy for my MRS course.
Is there a textbook list somewhere?
Thanks

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Wait until your first lectures before worrying about textbooks. You'll be told exactly what you need.

Text lists sometimes include books you won't need.

HSC
I just had a quick browse through the Co-op site. Do you recommend getting the textbooks listed for my course now? Or wait?

el gwapo

HSC
I would wait until the massive lines in the first week subside. That's when every first year noob lines up, so don't be one and wait until the lines are nearly empty in the second week, or if it rains no one can't be bothered to line up and you can sneak in. That's what I did when I wanted to get my timetable fixed.

You can also look around for second-hand textbooks in textbook exchange though it can be a pain organizing meet-ups.

jaimebien

HSC
How about course readers and such?

My French lecturer has been sending me (us) lots of emails and directed us to get some stuff from the copy centre. While I'm there, should I be trying to get course readers for other subjects or should I wait till classes start?

jaimebien

HSC
Yes, I've checked it online. So far, only one French grammar book is available. Nothing else for my other subjects are. Should I just keep checking back? Because every single unit has a course reader, right?

KarmaKitten

HSC
No, not every single subject has a course reader.

Also some course readers arent provided by the Copy Centre and instead have to be purchased from a place in Broadway. Once you get your UOS outline, it should tell you where to get your materials.

Last edited:

jaimebien

HSC
I've just ordered a reader for French and History, but I realised I forgot to leave my phone number. I chose to collect the order, but how do I know when they'll be ready to pick up? The website says if you order before 3pm, you can pick up the next day. I ordered it at round 8pm, so would I be correct in assuming I can pick it up the day after?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
It's of course possible that your course does have one and it's just not available yet but given how close we are to the start of semester I think that's unlikely.
at the moment there are a lot of readers missing from the copy centre's list. they'll probably come up towards the end of this week and the start of next week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)