question about subjects (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
hi everyone, i know there have been quite a few threads about standard and advanced english and so on but i dont really understand and would like to clear this up. firstly i am currently doin advanced english and ranked around 60/80. i am sitting in class and not really understanding what the teacher is going on about and really not enjoying it, then when an assesment or assignment is given out i dont really understand it and get aaverage marks. (however in saying this i got 2 fairly good marks when i didt really understand and talked crap for 1500 words) so for these reasons i think i should drop to standard. i know i hav red threads wer poeple are like "no, never drop to standard, it will be the worst decision of your life" and all that but i am confident that i can be ranked in the top5 of the year. so my question is is it better to be ranked top 5 in standard or 60/80 in advanced. also if i could ask for another favour. i don t really understand how they calculate your ATAR or scaling etc. so could someone plz tell me wot ranks or raw marks i wud need in the following subjects to achieve an ATAR of 80. my unjects are general maths, SOR 1, mod hist, business , pe and lets say standard english thanks in advance
p.s. my school is ranked 160ish

Last edited:

youngminii

Banned
HSC
If you're 100% sure you can be ranked top 5 in standard, then you should drop.
That said, if you're bad at Advanced English then you probably won't do good in Standard English. They're not that different.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
If you're 100% sure you can be ranked top 5 in standard, then you should drop.
That said, if you're bad at Advanced English then you probably won't do good in Standard English. They're not that different.
+1
Make sure you don't mind the texts you'll be doing in standard... your marks may come down to whether you like the texts or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)