Question about preference change - need second opinion! (1 Viewer)

Shan4curry

HSC
OK, so I got a UAI of 88.95 and I currently have the following as my first two preferences:

- B Arts in Communication (Media Arts and Production) @ UTS - 94.20
- B Digital Media @ COFA (UNSW) - 87.10

Also, since I got Band 5 in Visual Arts I'll get 2 Bonus Points via UNSW's HSC Plus scheme (88.95 + 2 = 90.95)

Obviously I'm pretty far off the first preference.

What I plan to do is get rid of the first preference and replace it with the COFA one. Is that a good move? Or should I keep it as it is, in case some miracle happens?
I personally don't mind either Uni...either is a blessing. I just want a second opinion because ATM I am leaning towards putting the COFA preference first since it 'seems' more realisitic.

Thanks!

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
think realistically, what miracle will happen? i would change the preferences.

Shan4curry

HSC
-may-cat- said:
think realistically, what miricle will happen? i would change the preferences.
Thank you, that has pretty much been my thinking line the whole time. I dunno why Mum's thinking the miracle side of it. XD

sdcloud69

Banned
HSC
I was told they didn't weigh the value of the preference's rank, that they just give you what ever course you were accepted in, take it or leave it.

bendha

HSC
yea like it doesn't matter if COFA is at preference 2. If you don't get the 1st one you'll still be chosen equally amongst others who have chosen COFA as 1st preferences.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
no, the order of your preferences does matter to an extent. Too lazy to explain, read the thing UAC sent you, its all in there

Shan4curry

HSC
bendha said:
yea like it doesn't matter if COFA is at preference 2. If you don't get the 1st one you'll still be chosen equally amongst others who have chosen COFA as 1st preferences.
I remember my Careers Advisor saying something along those lines but I still think I just really want to go to COFA. I don't want to risk anything now, you know? But thanks for the info. :D

EDIT: -may-cat- is right, it's in the UAC thingo. Just read it now. :)

spence

HSC
You're not risking the COFA offer by having it second, the only way you won't get it is if you get the UTS one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)