Question about pre-requisites (1 Viewer)

sixb0nes

xor sanity, sanity
HSC
Hello. If you don't qualify for the pre-requisites for a subject, are you allowed to still enrol in it? Who would I speak to for something like this? I want to take DESN290 for my comp. sci. degree, but it says I need 24 credit points, but I've only completed 18 in Autumn. I reckon that's a crappy pre-requisite as I'm sure you'll all agree.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
You make an excellent case. For this reason, I expect the uni would be more than happy to allow you to determine your own course structure as you go.
It worked for me. ;)

However complaining about the prerequisite because you think it's silly shows how much you think of why it's there. They do things there for a reason, you know. :) Prerequisite rules are implemented because it's necessary.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
poloktim said:
It worked for me. ;)

However complaining about the prerequisite because you think it's silly shows how much you think of why it's there. They do things there for a reason, you know. :) Prerequisite rules are implemented because it's necessary.
And don't forget me too ;)

Yeah, the prereqs are just down right silly, it's like that prereq stating that you must have a medical degree to become a doctor... it's ludicrous.

HSC
poloktim said:
It worked for me. ;)

Emphasis in my post on the "you make an excellent point" bit. Your case is somewhat different, and I guess with Raiks they just figured it was worth keeping him on campus because it helps the Unibar carve it up in the profit department ;)

Something about that form concerns me, mainly the apparent lack of a "reason for request" box... perhaps you just attach that part separetly? Regardless, be sure to post back and tell us if you manage to skip stuff by telling them that it's "silly" for you to do it. I have a sneaking suspicion that extra subjects just so I can do honours is "silly", and I should just graduate now (with honours), and if that shit works, I'm getting on that bandwagon for sure.

Last edited:

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Emphasis in my post on the "you make an excellent point" bit. Your case is somewhat different, and I guess with Raiks they just figured it was worth keeping him on campus because it helps the Unibar carve it up in the profit department ;)

Something about that form concerns me, mainly the apparent lack of a "reason for request" box... perhaps you just attach that part separetly? Regardless, be sure to post back and tell us if you manage to skip stuff by telling them that it's "silly" for you to do it. I have a sneaking suspicion that extra subjects just so I can do honours is "silly", and I should just graduate now (with honours), and if that shit works, I'm getting on that bandwagon for sure.
I am the unibar profit department. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)