question about plagiarism (1 Viewer)

totallybord

HSC
hi,
im kinda confused about studying for exams
im making notes but i know that unis are very strict about plagiarism and copying word for word etc. but some notes like biology notes are very hard to reword and paraphrase so i was wondering if in exams, they would take marks off for direct quoting something impossible to paraphrase without referencing? any suggestions about how to overcome this prob?
thanks!

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
If you're unsure, put it into quotation marks and do your best to cite a source (like your textbook). But it's always better to rephrase.

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
if you can't explain something in your own words you don't understand it well enough imo

HSC
The markers do relax expectations about the level of referencing you will be capable of doing in an exam - so I don't think you need to worry about it too much.

But as Kwayera said, if in doubt, it only takes a moment to wrtie, "According to Smith..."

Gloves

HSC
The markers do relax expectations about the level of referencing you will be capable of doing in an exam - so I don't think you need to worry about it too much.

But as Kwayera said, if in doubt, it only takes a moment to wrtie, "According to Smith..."
who's smith?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)