Question about Nursing!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Jess_L

3rd Year UOW Student
HSC
Hi,

Im thinking of doing nursing at uow, i've already been accepted into the uni for another degree health related but im interested to learn a bit more about the nursing degree.

With the clinical placements when are they usually done is it in the holidays or during the uni semesters?? Also can u decide where u want to do them?? and for how long do they go for??

Also what is the actual course like and how many hours are you at the uni for?? Obviously there is a lot of work involved so what kind of assignments, exams etc do u get??

If you can tell be absolutely anything that would be great!!!!

THANKS

Jess

aussie_Tara

HSC
Nursing

Hi, im interested in nursing too, i cant answer any of you questions but i was also wondering if anyone can tell me what nursing is like, you hear so many bad stuff about it that you get depressed and ppl are rude. but ive wanted to be a nurse for ages and have applied for uni, im hopeing to get into UWS. can you give me any info about it. thanks heaps

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Jess_L said:
i've already been accepted into the uni for another degree health related
Firstly, congratulations.

Secondly, I'm not doing nursing myself (as my sig points out), but my studies for the medical science component of my course parallel those of nursing to some degree, or so I am led to believe. I could, of course, be completely wrong about this, and so I suggest you take jm1234567890 up on his advice, and phone the faculty. They don't bite.

Health science subjects can be pretty intense, particularly in first year when you are getting bombarded with lots of new concepts. As I have already mentioned, I do medical science, so I'm not sure if nursing students skip the whole theoretical mind-holocaust thing or not. As a general rule for any degree in the science field, if you don't pay attention in class/skip lectures/don't work consistently, you will fall behind, and you will most likely fail. I found that out the hard way in first session, and judging by my current performance in second session, I didn't learn from it.

If you're willing to put in the required work, however, you shouldn't have a problem, especially if you did/liked science subjects in high school. Sorry I can't shed any light on the practical component of the course for you - it's probably best that you phone the faculty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)