Question about logging in TAS (1 Viewer)

schmeichung

HSC
I just accepted the offer as a Year 1 student this year and trying to login TAS with my new studentid and unipass but it said "Your Student Identification or UNIPass is incorrect." I believed I enrolled successfully as I did choose all the lecture classes without clashes.
Anyone got the same problem?

miffytoki

HSC
schmeichung said:
I just accepted the offer as a Year 1 student this year and trying to login TAS with my new studentid and unipass but it said "Your Student Identification or UNIPass is incorrect." I believed I enrolled successfully as I did choose all the lecture classes without clashes.
Anyone got the same problem?
ok yeah...got the exact same problem happening to me...i'll prolly email the help desk? lemme know if u find otu whats wrong

miffytoki

HSC
ok i figured it out...u gotta accept the terms and conditions and activate u're Uni Pass...you can do that on the "your a student page"..read the administrative things to do at the bottom. that'll do it

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
miffytoki said:
ok i figured it out...u gotta accept the terms and conditions and activate u're Uni Pass...you can do that on the "your a student page"..read the administrative things to do at the bottom. that'll do it
Yes.

Many new students get stuck because of that.

pyko

psychopyko.com
HSC
yes, got confused there too until i read this thread - thanks!

But after reading about TAS I have a question that I need to ask.

For session one, I'm enrolled in ACCT1501, COMP1711, INFS1602, MATH1131. (I *think* I'm enrolled, it still says I'm not enrolled...)

In the timetable I have I have lectures for all subjects, and a Tutorial-Lab for COMP1011 and 2 Tutorials for Math1131.

So am I right in presuming that this TAS thing is just because ACCT and INFS needs to have tut/labs added in separately?

Thanks!

Last edited:

pyko

psychopyko.com
HSC
still playing around with the good/bad times for TAS and just want to ask a question to be on the safe side.

for the 'Bad' times do we need to put in our other lecture/tut times? or will the system automatically check for them. I think i read somewhere that TAS will check for FCE subjects, but not other ones...is this correct? (there are only 5 bad times...not enough to cover all the other faculty subjects). Will choosing 5 Good times that do not clash with any lectures be enough to prevent clashes?

thanks!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
pyko said:
still playing around with the good/bad times for TAS and just want to ask a question to be on the safe side.

for the 'Bad' times do we need to put in our other lecture/tut times? or will the system automatically check for them. I think i read somewhere that TAS will check for FCE subjects, but not other ones...is this correct? (there are only 5 bad times...not enough to cover all the other faculty subjects). Will choosing 5 Good times that do not clash with any lectures be enough to prevent clashes?

thanks!
Just put clashes with non FCE subjects in Bad Times.
If you put in 5 good times, 99% you'll get one of them.

B

Bambul

I don't think I've ever quite worked out how bad times work. As far as I know it assigns you to one of your good times - if there is space. Usually you will still get a clash of some sort and will need to go to the computer labs at uni (or download the TAS program onto your computer) and enrol yourself into another class. If you're hardcore enough you can get into almost any class.

Alternetavely (and I didn't tell you this), don't enrol in a tutorial at all and just turn up to the one you prefer. Then email the tutor in charge and tell them that you forgot to enrol with TAS but went to a class anyway and if you can stay in that one. It depends a bit on who the tutor in charge is (some are real tight-arses, others don't really care). Remember: I didn't tell you this (and it could also backfire and you'll end up in the 7:00PM-8:00PM tutorial on your day off!)

Dirt Poor

HSC
I used TAS for four subject last year (all first-year; two economics and two finance) and got into my first "good time" (i.e. the one on the very left) in each case. Maybe I just got lucky, or maybe it was because of how quickly after TAS opened that I put in my preferences.

pyko

psychopyko.com
HSC
argh! just finished Session 1 TAS....and started doing session 2 when i realised that there aren't that many times for session 2 and half of them are clashes. That is, enough clashes so I can't put in 3 Good times...so the system won't record it...argh!

edit: Just clicked on the 'save' thing and saw on the front page it has "Session 1 TAS information" ... so i guess that means we only put our TAS info for session 1 and wait till mid-break for session 2?

Last edited:
B

Bambul

pyko said:
argh! just finished Session 1 TAS....and started doing session 2 when i realised that there aren't that many times for session 2 and half of them are clashes. That is, enough clashes so I can't put in 3 Good times...so the system won't record it...argh!

edit: Just clicked on the 'save' thing and saw on the front page it has "Session 1 TAS information" ... so i guess that means we only put our TAS info for session 1 and wait till mid-break for session 2?
That is correct

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
miffytoki said:
where's the 'you're a student' page??? i'm still lost :eek:

pyko

psychopyko.com
HSC
umm, go to the place where you accepted your offer (the one with the checklist on the left) and click on the link that says "you're a student" (I think it's the last one).

You should find the link on that page.

Acid

HSC
Is the UniPass the password i've chosen to login with at my.unsw, or is it the one you pick up when you go collect your student card? I've done my timetable and selected my classes (it says i'm enrolled in them so I think it's OK), but when I go to accept the terms and conditions it asks me for my username and password but says it's incorrect...

Acid

HSC
Even on wombos it says my username and password is wrong... :(

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
I think you have to use the real unipass that they give you at uni.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Do you need to have paid the fees before they give you your unipass or can you just waltz up and ask for it??

pyko

psychopyko.com
HSC
hmm, well for me i just accepted the terms/conditions in the "you're a student" page and now I can log into TAS and webmail. Haven't had a chance to get my student card/uni pass yet - will be going down to sydney on feb 20th.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Eagles said:
Do you need to have paid the fees before they give you your unipass or can you just waltz up and ask for it??
I don't think so, I think you can just get it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)