Question about king lear (1 Viewer)

-gopo-

HSC
N/A
in the hsc can they ever asked us a question on a specific character of the play or asked us to write about a specific scene or theme or even a specific interpretation.

vwola

HSC
I think they can. Because this year's CSSA english paper asked about specific character i.e. choice between Edmund and Regan, and had to rewrite 3 scenes in which one of them appear to suit the modern audience.
But then i don't know the link between the CSSA and HSC papers, so just don't leave anything to chance.

serge

HSC
no matter what they ask you, you still need to mention
how its been recieved over time, its textual integrity
and your own production ideas, so aslong as you answer the question
the rest of your essay should remain the same

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
-gopo- said:
in the hsc can they ever asked us a question on a specific character of the play or asked us to write about a specific scene or theme or even a specific interpretation.
Hmm...I don't think they can do that. Maybe in a trial but not the HSC. For instance they may ask say(and I'm pulling this out of thin air):
"By observing the parent and child relationships in Lear we see the dynamic of power illustrated in a way that is still relevant in todays audience" Discuss the relevance of Lear's portrayal of power and powerlessness in contemporary society.
They might even ask you to make detailed reference to two scenes, however they wouldn't be too specific, and if the CSSA has given out a trial that is, I would suppose they are over compensating for the weirdness of last year when for the first time the exam said "with two extracts".

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
yes, there are provisions for them to ask something along those lines - asking 'with detail to two scenes' is a distinct possibility (specifying is unlikely but if they did it would most likley be the opening and closing scenes). Asking about specific characters is also possible though less likely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)