Question about geometry reasoning (1 Viewer)

jetfan

Half Back Flanker
HSC
just a question for people who have done/marked geometry questions, are you allowed to shorten your reasoning, i.e insted of base angles of isoceles(sp?) triangle, can you write base /_'s isos. /_\. If you know what I'm talknig about, feel free to comment

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
i do that quite often, i dont think i've ever been marked down for it. although only use the common abbrevations.

rama_v

HSC
Jago said:
i do that quite often, i dont think i've ever been marked down for it. although only use the common abbrevations.
Yeah, just dont abbreviate too much, liek dont write v.o.a for vertically opposite angles..

jetfan

Half Back Flanker
HSC
thanks fellas, basically i just draw an angle to write angle, draw shapes to express trianlge or quadrilateral, and maybe i'll write equi or isos in a rush.

--jetfan--

P

pLuvia

I heard from my teacher that you are not allowed to do that in the HSC anymore. Is this true, this is also why my teacher will take marks off if we do this. I'm not sure if it will take place this year, so yeah, just confirm it with your teacher good luck~

roadcone

HSC
I have been told that as much as you can make sure you write the whole thing out. The angle sign and triangle and abbreviations like that though are fine. As was said above avoid things like v.o. for vertically opposite etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)