question about feature article form (1 Viewer)

Estelle

hi,

i was just wondering, if we get given the form of feature article tommorrow, in writing for this text type in the hsc, is it nessessary to write in columns as in a newspaper, and put a box where a picture should be and so on?

Can you just put a heading, subheading and write the rest like normal, because i think it would be distracting and difficult to have to worry about the page layout while writing your answer, plus the exam booklets dont allow for a very authentic feature article look anyhow heh, but yeah do we have to do that? or is it just what some people do?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
it is strongly recommended you DONT write in columns. you can put a box where a picture should be but it's not necessary at all.

Heading. Byline. Article.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
My teacher, who's a bit of a frootloop, says we should fold the booklet in two if it's a feature article. I refuse to do so on the grounds of a such an idea's stupidity. I strongly suggest you do not write in columns - I can just imagine the markers having a hearty laugh at all the "fools who folded their booklets".

Nope, not for me. Just a heading, byline, perhaps a picture with a caption (to demonstrate understanding of the form), and your accompanying article with the typical short sentences and paragraphs.

Pro Gamer

HSC
NO NO NO,

It isnt required, they are looking for other techniques of feature articles, columns, pictures, you dont need but wont lose marks for including.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Basically, its like an essay- cept theres a title, byline and some pullout quotes. And a greater emphasis on personal reflection. Dnt make it into columns, i think the markers will get the idea its a feature article.

Estelle

woo i'm glad cause i didnt want to write in columns, it'd waste a lot of time!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)