Question 8 was Tort law (1 Viewer)

El_chupah_nebre

I'd like to join Sugamama... GO TEAM CONTRACT! Just give up team Tort, you have lost the battle for it is confirmed~ the answer is (DRUM ROLL) dah dah dah = Contract law!!

mememe

you would know if you got the answer right or wrong cos they publish the answers in the standards package - albiet a long time away.

Laz tell us the answer already! You should know, you know everything - don't you?!!!

I hate school

Here's our solution, lets all complain to the BOS with 500 complaint letters then they'll just say that they're both right.

Stephie

I put Contract law, as there is a contract between the manufacturer and Donguhue V Stevens exemplified the privity of contract issue and this common law development open maunfuactures to be included in the contract.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
who cares, its one goddam marks. If its the difference between you getting 94 instead of 95, does it really matter?

loke1

last time i checked, this question was from the law and society topic.. not consumers.....

sugamama

Coldplay Fan
But you learn about consumers in Law and society.

To a certain degree.

I thought the previous Q was the TORT Q and the Q8 was the CONTRACT Q!!! :)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
They don't have to cover everything....

Either way it was meant to challenge, whether it was to get you to put tort again when it was wrong or to get you not to write contract for those who thought they couldn't ask about the same thing twice in a row. Who knows, and to tell you the truth, I don't really care anymore)

shazabdazla

i agree with adam j and ms 12....

i have not studied consumer law as an elective and thus would not have been able to dicriminate between cases to come to such a conclusion on contract law....

the multiple choice is done by all students and is based on law and society...
therefore to propose a question which requires knowledge of consumer law (an elective) to come to an appropriate and correct solution would be injust.

in eXel law and society it states:

"Torts: A tort is a wrongful act committed by somebody against someone else. Such acts include ... NEGLIGENCE ...eg. case of D v S"

and,

" Contract law: ...deals with agreements between people...buying and selling a house...doing something for someone for a sum of money"

- which seems to hint a formal agreement such as buying house or performing...

also:

under consumer law:
the buyer of the cereal (assumed) would have bought the cereal from the retailer, not the manufacturer, thus no legal contract existed, (as far as ppl who dont do consumer law know)similarly to D v S...

but...good point that ppl who do consumers should know...although i also agree that q should not be complicated to that degree

any pints missed and what do you think??

shazabdazla

btw, law and society does not indicate issues regarding which contracts exist btwn whom, therefore it would be discriminatory to include this as a deciding factor in the question, do you agree??

...cheers everyone you'll all be successful solicitors or barristers with that argumentative skill!!!....wev'e all pretty much argued every point to the death......lol.....wierd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)