Question 7b)iv.........did anyone find the area under the curve to find the distance? (1 Viewer)

did anyone attempt to foind the area under the curve for that question since it was a velocity vs time graph??.........let me know wat u all did

psycho_mushy

HSC
nah that question was fucking impossible....

I did some practice questions on it before... still coudln't get it.....

i think we had to do integration for the area under the curve between 0 and (pie) as a definiite integral......but i got a decimal or sumfing??.....i wonder wat the actual answer was

haz_it_all

u had to integrate to find x......then find the distance from 0 - pi/2 and from pi/2 - pi cuz the velocity changed from +ve to -ve after pi/2 so it was going back towards origin........i think :p did anyone else get that

cakes

hi
HSC
i got something like 2pi, or pi/2, cant remember but i think im wrooong

yeh i was gonna do that as well, as in seperate them......but i got lost thinking its a velocity vs time graph so it shouldnt matter unless it was a displacement time graph...........i never ended up getting any negative answers..........then again, i dnt know if my logic ir right or wrong..............anyone got a definite answer????

haz_it_all

i rememba i got sumthin like ( root 3 - 3) m or sumthin....cant remember, there mightve been a pi in there sumwere aswell :p

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by haz_it_all
u had to integrate to find x......then find the distance from 0 - pi/2 and from pi/2 - pi cuz the velocity changed from +ve to -ve after pi/2 so it was going back towards origin........i think :p did anyone else get that

i did it from

0 - Pi/3 + absolutle Pi/3 - Pi

vennyra

I separated it into the area under the x-axis [absolute value] and the area above it. Of course i decided to be an idiot, not read the question and find the distance travelled between 0 and 2pi, which took AGES - well, there goes 3 marks and 15 mins of my exam time

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by haz_it_all
why pi/3? wasnt that were it cut the x-axis???? or sumthin?
yeah that's why i stuffed it up lol!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)