Question 3 | 4 | 5 (4 Viewers)

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
fuk wot a stupid question it was too easy. every1z gunna just write their prepared essays......

newaiz yea managed like 12 pgs or so for it.. so i think i did alrite in this section

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The inner journey one was such a cleiche...never in my wildest dreams did i think it would be such a stupid thing....but at least they didnt specify type. I think they were a bit soft because we're the first journey people...good.

Dabbu

Near the bush, the beach, the mountains, the river
HSC
It got me that it was just what you'd expect - especially for inner - i think that it appeared so simple probably through me off. yeh, maybe it is cause we're the fisrt journeyors (i hope thats a word, i just keep on using it in exams) but then if you look at other papers (mainly the 2001s for most subjects) they went either supa easy or mega hard. only thing is though, that if every one went good, .00001 of a mark will be the think we are saing "and that has made all the difference" to (i'm sorry, i couldn't resist.)
I think i'm beginning to flinch at the word 'journey'. by beginning i mean have been for about a year now.

"hey Frosty you want some snow?"
"we discussed this and i said no!"

Ezzmaye

HSC
N/A
I LOVED QUESTION 3! I'm so glad that i found good supp texts!!! I hope that I get good marks!

dan2323

I rekon everyone with a pre-prepared answer will struggle to get top marks... with such an easy question they will be looking for something with a bit more than the average pre-prepared.
I took the line that the quote was problematic, especially considering Atwood's text etc (if u did that one).
BUt they shouldn't have made it such a standard question!!

dengu

watever i do 2 prepare for english, the result is the same...
not very good
but at least its over

Ezzmaye

HSC
N/A
until wednesday...then u have to start all over again...just wif the boring stuff

Fire Sprite

I had the right ideas, it wasnt a hard question but i freaked and didnt pre-prepare although i learnt my Coleridge back to bloody front.....needless to say my essay suffered for it....churned out 9 pages so lets hope there was some substance to carry me through.....pretty disappointed by my effort though...

S

Shuter

Question 3 was pretty gay for imaginative journies.

Can anyone answer my question if I'll loose marks because I didn't respond in an essay format, I did it as a dialogue?

derek_

HSC
Shuter said:
Question 3 was pretty gay for imaginative journies.

Can anyone answer my question if I'll loose marks because I didn't respond in an essay format, I did it as a dialogue?
they didn't specify a text type, so i wouldn't see that as a problem =|

HSC
Was abit harder than expected, although I wish I had used a wider variety of relaxted texts other than just all poems.

Relatively happy, will be stoked with 12.5 onwards. :p

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
sorry to say, but they didnt want a dialogue they wanted an essay. you probably will lose marks because it was inappropriate to audience, purpose and form.
good luck for wednesday though. you might not lose heaps if you answered the question well in every other aspect

chantelle 993

AOS paper

i didn't like Q3. i thought it was hard to relate to imaginary journeys and my texts as their was no final arrival.

i liked the creative writing because we had a choice!!! we should have more time to do the exam as i was rushed.

jellybeenz

HSC
Wow... was that straight forward or what??? If I fail its my own fault, because that question was so simple and direct. I was expecting them to fuck around with us, so I was kinda thrown by the simplicity of the question.

What stuffed me up was time. I spent too much time on the short answers (the area I'm the worst at) and only left 45 mins for the essay which I usually need about 55 mins for...

I wrote 10 pages, I coulda written more though. I wish I hadn't used my second related material, I could have written about one in a lot more detail.

~*~Karina~*~

Hmmm....I didn't do great in my essay. I ALWAYS spend too much time on question 1, because its so easy to get caught up in what you're writing. So after spending too long on that, I spent too long on q2, because I had the best idea and was having so much fun writing it, and I forgot to look at the time...So in the end, I think i had about half an hour for q3, I knew all my texts pretty well, but i just didn't have time to put everything i wanted in. And, I didn't get to write a conclusion paragraph. I hope its not too crap...

beccabum

hung up
in the outer suburbs of the middle of nowhere
HSC
I had no problems with the question, but i did with the answer... they used one of my related materials in the power point presentation thing! Now its gonna look like i just made my answer up on the spot and i hope they don't mark me down for it!

S

Shuter

lukebennett said:
sorry to say, but they didnt want a dialogue they wanted an essay. you probably will lose marks because it was inappropriate to audience, purpose and form.
But the stupid vague question didn't specify who the audience were or what the purpose was!!! Nor did it specify a form to write in.

Acid

HSC
When they dont specify they mean informal essay (can still be a formal essay but if u want u can use more relaxed language and stuff).... but definitely I think dialogue was the wrong way to go..

For me I focused on the impact on the responder way more than the characters.. which may get me down a bit.. *shrugs*

corrieeeee

HSC
hmm. the exam was pretty okay for nearly everyone at my school..
i spent the least time on question one.. that took like half an hour.. questions two and three were fairly the same.. yeh did pretty aiight i think.. i used two booklets for my essay...

we got lollies when were were entering the exam room!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)