Question 10 CSSA!!! (1 Viewer)

kpq_sniper017

withoutaface said:
I only just scraped into band 6 for 2u last year, and a 90 in 2u is roughly equivalent to an 81-82 in 3u. And what my teacher has told me is that there is a good chance that 9 people from our school will get a 4u band 6, and Im currently ranked 7th. So if you can get a low 3u band 6 one year ahead of the rest of the form you would surely be in with a good chance of a high mark in 4u, and remember, you can always drop.:)
ok, sounds pretty good to me.
comparing the workload of 2u + ext 1 with ext 2...are they approximately equivalent or is ext 2 work still even more intensive than the two combined? coz i don't want to take time away from other subjects to study for a subject that i might drop in the end anyway...seems a waste.

i like setting high targets for myself (u can see that by my sig :))...but for 2u, i'm aiming for 96+, ext 1: 46+ - so hopefully i can get a band 6 in ext 2 if i do it ... provided i reach my targets for this year - at the current rate: 75% chance of reaching 2u target and 50% chance of reaching ext 1 target... :)

kpq_sniper017

btw.
i plugged some figures into SAM and found that if I were to get 98 in 2U and 47 in Ext 1, that I'd have to get 89 in Ext 2 to get the same UAI (assuming I get 94 in Ext 1). is that really worth it? it seems to me that it's easier to get 98 in 2U than to get 89 in Ext 2.

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
pcx_demolition017 said:
if u were accelerating in 2u and ext 1, what mark would u be happy with for each? i.e. a good enough mark not to repeat.
im doin accell 2u maths (not 3u thou) i got 112 in my trial this year, and im happi with that. If i was 2 get that in the hsc u would get a scaled mark of about 95-98... but if i wasnt doin ext 2 maths i would do it again if i gt less than 97

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)