Question 1 (1 Viewer)

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
welshi said:
reece u live in mossy..did u actually put your books down before loggingon? :p

it only takes me 6 minutes to drive home from school.............

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
disco_dave said:
yeah i used vectors. the footprints and road was a victor to the top right hand corner and the text they wanted you to read. Vector=good i hope
yeah i was going to get to that but i'd already written too much...my pen just wouldn't shut up...

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
Breazed through it! I didn't find it that hard at all

bc_27

HSC
I compared Text 1 and Text 4. I said that Text 1 through visual symbolism of a map, a road and footprints represents a journey very straightforward, guided, controlled and planned,as the footprints show how this journey has been embarked on before. Whereas Text 4 illustrates that journeys are 'unique' and 'no two are alike". Expanded with general techniques contrasting Text 1 i.e, simile: A journey is like a marriage; the certain way to be wrong is to think your in control of it, where "all safeguards are friutless".

pretty lame and superficial, but should get some marks i hope.

dezzy

HSC
mmm..i compared texts 1 and 4....im thinking now it wasnt the BESt option..
i said how text one shows heaps of different aspects of journeys and crap, but text 4 is only specified to one particular audience (he said sumthin like only people who have experienced this will understand) so others find it hard to connect with this peice...meh...fingers crossed!

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I did text two (the quotes) and text three (the narrative). I thought my response was very tight actually, but i REALLY didnt like my response to text 4

I did something piss weak about descriptive language demonstrating that no two journeys were alike. So i lost a mark there :(

Veck

I think text one and four were good to compare, because text one was all about how journeys are unpredictable (because there were the feet on the path but the guy still had to have a map) but can be prepared for, suiting the form of a informational CD for HSC students, while the fourth one is all about how journeys come out of nowhere and have to be accepted as uncontrollable and unpredictable in order to appreciate them

so yeah.. hmm...

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
i wrote a full booklet for this question. i compared the last two texts and found them ample is comparing and contrasting. no problems really.

Matth3w

Demon-Eyes-Kyo
HSC
i spent sooo long on this question, was like 1 hour i think, 20 minutes over time, but i think it was worth it because it only took 20 minutes away from my time to answer the 2nd question, for which i only needed 20 to answer. Question 1, without a doubt in my mind, was the most difficult in the whole exam.

maatsby

left on the floor
HSC
N/A
i did text 1 and 3.. i said some trash about how they both appeal to the individual cos the narrative is written in first person and seems to set up a dialogue with u, and text 1 had the picture of the boy without a head which symbolises the person about to use the cd rom. also the fact that his head was missnig suggested it could have been anyone.
as for contrasting, i basically just said that one was a narrative and the other a picture :p

my hand hurts...

superbird

HSC
LOL thats wat i did. i said that one was a picture and the other was a powerpoint presentation

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
text1 &4....
4- more exclusive and presents the journey almost as a struggle
1- more open and presentsd it in a more friendly light blah blah blah
but after reading some of the responses im thinking .. hmm.. maybe i shouldve added more in

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
4 and 7. Different sorts of journey.

For the last question (e) I figured 3 and 4 were the only good ones for the question. The overlapped a bit so that helped

dilos

HSC
I did text 3 and 4 (no one seems to have done these two together- arghhh!!). Basically i compared by stating that they were both individual accounts of their journeys (as each journey is unique). One is more general, one is more personal- but they both relate to the responder as text 3 uses aussie slang, australian outback and emotive language, and text 4 is more general (since everyone has been on some kind of a journey, they'd relate to this also).

I'm really wasn't so confident with this section at all :(

How long did you guys right for each question in this section?

omg_a

HSC
I did 1 and 4. they were pretty different i said 1 had to rep lots of different types of journeys, coz of its purpose and also that it showed journeys can bechosen/controlled, whereas 4 was only travel/physical journeys, and emphasised u cant control journeys.
ugh.
braindead anyone??

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
omg_a said:
I did 1 and 4. they were pretty different i said 1 had to rep lots of different types of journeys, coz of its purpose and also that it showed journeys can bechosen/controlled, whereas 4 was only travel/physical journeys, and emphasised u cant control journeys.
ugh.
braindead anyone??
yep.
a, we missed u and mads! gem especially cos she wanted to do a postmortem. and i said "hermione, we've talked about this. doing the exam once is bad enough!!!" how did u go?

dilos: i did those two,don't worry! and i said basically that, only i didn't focus on technique as much as u did. i prolly should have...

lex123

HSC
_DeathlessOne_ said:
I found that last question hard to contrast two texts. What did you guys do for that?
i did text three and four...but i did this section last and i had like 7mins to do this last 5mark question so it was like just barely finished...i found the others hard to contrast..this one was alright.....oh well its over now....modules YUCK

danny

[ c o r e a n ]
HSC
I compared text 1 and 2.

which was stupid. seeing at text 2 had hardly any techniques.

mgmgmg87

I used text 1 and 3. Totally agree with welshi about the quotes. They could have used a better text but i did understandall of them. shouldn't complain i spose

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)