quest for glory (1 Viewer)

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
ok, i know this is a long shot, but i was wondering if any of you smart computery people know whether its possible for me to get Quest for Glory: Shadows of Darkness (aka Quest for Glory IV... im assuming some people remember the series, i mean, come on!) working on XP??

i downloaded the game from kazaa, installed it and all that jazz... it does all the intro and everything but as soon as i click something the window closes itself.

any advice?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
perhaps if you had not downloaded it from kazaa and bought the proper copy from a store then it may be so kind to work for you. no seriously though, please, no talk of warez here. :)

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
lolz this thread is bout to be closed i can feel it

yoshi

Guys if you aren't old enough to remember the King's Quest series then you wouldn't know it's old enough to be abandonware.

In fact some developers went to enough trouble to re-code one of the King's Quest games in full colour.

Anyway, towards your problem: if you are running Windows XP, right-click on the EXE file, select properties, goto Compatibility, and try out the various version and display settings there.

yoshi

Originally posted by Frigid
perhaps if you had not downloaded it from kazaa and bought the proper copy from a store
Frigid, I'd like you to tell me what store I can walk into in Australia to purchase any of the original King's Quest games.

Next time think before you blurt out a rote response to anything that mentions "Kazaa."

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
yoshi is right.

i'm pretty sure those games are now abandonwares.

I loved the Kings quest and police quests series.

It's fine to talk about warez.

Just don't link to any or give hints as to where to download warez.

I'm pretty sure that quest for glory is an old abandoned game.

google it.

Winston

HSC
definately correct RR and Yoshi, abandonware is something i don't mind discussion, but just don't post a link to Windows 3.11 disks :p... please!!

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Soliah
Haha. I have my Windows 3.1 CD lying around somewhere...
Cd?>! u mean diskettes? lol

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I think my windows 3.1 took up like 4 disks.

omg so huge!!! j/k :D

yoshi

Lol. I remember to play the latest cool games on my friend's commodore 64 we had to connect the cassette tape deck and press the "play" button. Funny that it was only around 10 years ago!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)