Quesiton, regarding blood pH (1 Viewer)

genril

Banned
HSC
Question, regarding blood pH

This is the question:

"Explain why a decrease in blood pH would be dangerous to the human body"

Obviously it causes the blood to become more acidic and it will offset the balance, but what else?

Last edited:

Neha Sharma

HSC
When the blood becomes acidic, the enzymes activity decreases and in some cases can stop (optimum pH), thus reducing metabolic processes which are damaging to the body.

genril

Banned
HSC
Thank you, my answer so far is this:

When the pH level of blood decreases, the blood becomes acidic. The enzymes activity decreases and in some cases can stop, thus reducing metabolic processes which are damaging to the body. When pH levels are too acidic it can also cause people to go into a comatose state in severe cases.

What else can I add to this? Am I right in saying it would offset the balance of the body?

Keno89

HSC
N/A
As stated, when blood's pH decrease, the blood becomes acidic that causes enzyme reactions not to function in a optimum state. In addition, as blood pH dramatically decreases, the blood's haemoglobin capability decreases therefore decreasing the oxygen carrying capacity of red blood cells. As a result, causes significant damage to the organism's body.

That's what I would answer. Though, Im not sure if I am right.

Keno89

HSC
N/A
As stated, when blood's pH decrease, the blood becomes acidic that causes enzyme reactions not to function in a optimum state. In addition, as blood pH dramatically decreases, the blood's haemoglobin capability decreases therefore decreasing the oxygen carrying capacity of red blood cells. As a result, causes significant damage to the organism's body.

That's what I would answer. Though, Im not sure if I am right.

Dracon

HSC
I would probably point out that it unbalances homeostasis in the body, for clarification.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)