• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Queen Camilla (1 Viewer)

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
my final words on the subject... if I was the queen....

I wouldn't go to the wedding either!

Charles (chiller) and Camilla (cruella carpet bowles) (thanks 2UE for that analogy) are hypocrites, the union is really ridiculous and against all morality (I can understand why william would want to move out) and also since Carpet Bowles isn't even Church of England. I mean, the rules of the church are MEANT to be for everybody. What's good for the goose.... I say, bring on a republic! The monarchy has outlived its purpose. Particularly for Australia.

malkin86

HSC
Why in particular are they hypocrites? Why is their marriage 'ridiculous and against all morality'? They made a mistake before, they've paid for it during half of their lives, why shouldn't they get married? And fair enough that William would want to move out - what is he, 23?

Interfaith marriages are common these days, as is marrying divorcees.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
i hate it how the laws which govern the lives of royalty are being comprimised because we're 'more advanced' now...if everything about the monarchy is changed then what will stabilise it? it's been functioning perfectly well for the last few centuries by sticking to the laws initially outlined way back when, just because charles feels he can change them he does? i hate it

i had a dream that camilla died last night..maybe i got confused with the pope's funeral, anyway i was even feeling sorry for charles 'awww and they were about to get married'.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
malkin86 said:
Why in particular are they hypocrites? Why is their marriage 'ridiculous and against all morality'? They made a mistake before, they've paid for it during half of their lives, why shouldn't they get married? And fair enough that William would want to move out - what is he, 23?

Interfaith marriages are common these days, as is marrying divorcees.
because the royal family is expected to abide by the jurisdiction of the royal court, their marriage would make Edward VIII's abdication a joke. The mistake they made cost an innocent woman her sanity and happiness. So interfaith marriages are common, as is marrying divorcees, if they royal court comprimises their rules whats to stop the monarchy from completely dissolving?

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
Hypocrites? Forget about all this equal opportunity crap, in the Church of England, no man can marry a divorced woman (her husband is still alive) or vice versa, neither is adultery permitted and for that matter neither can the monarchy marry outside the church of England(Camilla is a Catholic).... that's why it was established.... to be seperate from Catholicism. So Charlie decides to change the rules to suit himself. You can't have the royals just doing whatever the hell they feel like they can.

They have ruined the life of a 19yo girl, And now Diana's sons have to live with the fact that their father is marrying his mistress. They are so badly behaved... hardly a fitting example for the country. The monarchy has outlived its function. Kings are not going into battle anymore, nor are they defending England(and certainly not 'her colonies') against the French.

waterfowl

HSC
Apparently they are going to apologise for their sins in the service today...and I wouldn't be surprised if Charles renounces his rights.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
llamalope said:
So Charlie decides to change the rules to suit himself. You can't have the royals just doing whatever the hell they feel like they can.
The whole Church of England was founded because a royal wanted to change the rules to suit himself, and becuase he could do whatever the hell he felt he could.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Hopefully we are going to ditch those losers soon and become a republic. I don't see why we aren't yet. They mean absolutely nothing to us.

malkin86

HSC
tangerinespeedo said:
because the royal family is expected to abide by the jurisdiction of the royal court, their marriage would make Edward VIII's abdication a joke. The mistake they made cost an innocent woman her sanity and happiness. So interfaith marriages are common, as is marrying divorcees, if they royal court comprimises their rules whats to stop the monarchy from completely dissolving?
What is the royal court? What has the royal court said about Charles and Camilla's marriage? I don't think that Prince Charles should be forced to abdicate, as Edward VIII was. Surely we've moved on, as a society, from being scandalised by second marriages.

Diana was stuck in an awful situation, and it is very regrettable what happened. I can't say any more on this, as I did not know her.

If the rules are stupid and archaic, then they should be changed. Fair rules and laws, in general, are meant to serve the people that they govern (mostly keep them safe from harm), rather than the people serve the rules.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
tangerinespeedo said:
they changed it yesterday, the royal family issued a statement saying she will be queen and not queen's consort as they said before
:eek:

i am not happy about that.

we should become a replublic. why do we need them?

how and why would charles not become a king? why would he decide to give it to his son?

jonathan a - can you please explain the monarchy thing to me. why are there no benefits for us if we move away? i don't know why we should stay attached to them

Last edited:

malkin86

HSC
There's a rule that says that the King of England is also the head of the Church of England, and the CofE says that you can't marry a divorcee.

Edward VIII had to abdicate to marry a divorcee, Mrs Simpson, in the 30's. The crown would then go to the next in line, in Edward's case, to his brother, King George VI (the father of the present Queen), and in Charles's case, to Prince William.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
so that is why he would step down? but because they have changed the law or something he might not?

i don't think the king and queen, the head of the church, should be involved in so many scandals and they should get married in the church

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Simpson was an AMERICAN. Vast, huge, enormous difference. Camilla's so British that she's practically Charlie's sister.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
There are some hotties in the Royal family, No?

malkin86

HSC
Iron woman said:
Simpson was an AMERICAN. Vast, huge, enormous difference. Camilla's so British that she's practically Charlie's sister.
Gah! :eek: bad thoughts... :(

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Iron woman said:
hmmm....u've got a good point there....

no wunda ppl r calling it jinxed

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
Iron woman said:
actually they might be blood relatives, camilla's great grandmother had an affair with edward VII and her second daughter (camilla's grandma) was born during the period of thier affair, so that would mean that charles and camilla may possibly share a great/great great grandparent.

ahacohen

HSC
Anti Camilla

Jusst want to say i can't stand the ol' horse, but i just want to state that 'Charlie will enjoy riding on Camilla in his next polo tournament'

I hope they both suffer, because they ruinned a very significant person's life (DIANA) the person everyone looked upto, a role model, and i don't no how they can live a day in life without guilt. IM CURSING THAT WEDDING HOPING SOMEONE WILL THROW SOMETHING AT HER DRESS, OR POSSIBLY STACKING IT IN FRONT OF EVERYONE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)