Quantity over quality... (1 Viewer)

JimBob

HSC
N/A
Just like the title says. Our teacher has informed us and marked our trials on the basis that for 1 mark, we need to write AT LEAST half a page. What is contained within it doesn't matter a huge deal, but if we were on the right drift for half a page we got the mark. Sure, you can just bullshit your way through it, but does anyone else have this problem? He reckons that in the HSC they will mark us on quantity alone, relying minimally on what is contained within the half-page....

Anyone else?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
your teacher is a complete wanker who doesnt want you to pass your HSC.
its quality all the way!!!

C

CaR

JimBob said:
Just like the title says. Our teacher has informed us and marked our trials on the basis that for 1 mark, we need to write AT LEAST half a page. What is contained within it doesn't matter a huge deal, but if we were on the right drift for half a page we got the mark. Sure, you can just bullshit your way through it, but does anyone else have this problem? He reckons that in the HSC they will mark us on quantity alone, relying minimally on what is contained within the half-page....

Anyone else?
as if...you'll have to have motor hands to write AT LEAST 1/2page for every 1 mark question. XD

onigiri

HSC
thats dumb. my friend always writes way more than me bcos shes so good a bullshitting but I always get the marks cos I get to the point. quality is #1!

Lorie

HSC
JimBob said:

Anyone else?

dude the board of studies has it set at about 3 lines to a mark, your teacher has lost the plot. Just that the marking scales are looking for key concepts, and as long as u meet the requirements of the question in enough detail the length shouldn't matter

Taz

ThankGodItsNotStill2003
Your teacher is a complete idiot. I got 92 last year for ipt so i think i can safely say i kinda know what im talking about and trust me... you do not need to write shitloads to get the marks. Seriously, if the markers have to read 5 pages worth of stuff to find 10 marks for you they will get pissed off. Just put it there, plain and simple. They will be much more impressed if you can fit everything you need to into 3 lines instead of writing half a page of shit that doesnt answer the question. You dont need to write an essay for each answer... you just need to answer the question.

A suggestion, have you got the sample answers for last years paper??? Your teacher should have the book (but then again, he is stupid so maybe not)... but if u can get hold of it, check out the answers, thats your best indication of what to do.

If you cant find the book, check the board of studies website for sample answers, they may not be there but i know you can get a book that has 3 band 6 answers for each question, that the students actually wrote - shows their handwriting and all - u gotta get it mate!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)