Quanta to quarks question & the overall HSC (1 Viewer)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
- Discuss the limitations of the Bohr model of the hydrogen atom.
- Analyse secondary information to identify the difficulties with the Rutherford-Bohr model, including its inability to completely explain:
- The spectra of larger atoms.
- The relative intensity of spectral lines.
- The existence of hyperfine spectral lines.
- The zeeman effect.

The 2 dotpoints are essentially the same right? I don't see any differences between both dotpoints, besides the verb.

- Describe some medical and industrial applications of radio-isotopes.
- Identify data sources, and gather, process, and analyse information to describe the use of:
- A named isotope in: medicine, agriculture and engineering.

Those two dotpoints are also linked right? Is one isotope for each enough? Because I cbf learning extra for medicine and industrial itself (limited time, but mainly cbf again).

- Discuss the key features and components of the standard model of matter, including quarks and leptons.

Discuss: Identify issues and provide argument for and/or against (off the top of my head, not sure if it's the exact verb).

So what are the issues AGAINST the standard model?

- What's an atomic probe?
- For quanta, is it necessary to learn a whole nuclear reactor? E.g. how power is generated from the Lucas Heights nuclear reactor? Which dotpoint would this be?

Overall HSC:

- It's absolutely fine to use dotpoints right? Do markers actually prefer dotpoints, or a proper sentence structure? Personally if I was marking, I'd prefer dotpoints.
- Is it fine to use arrows that logically lead from one point to another? I guess it's a flow chart, but just in case markers don't rage.

Thanks in advance

Edit: Sorry about the writing before.

Last edited:

rama_v

HSC
- Discuss the limitations of the Bohr model of the hydrogen atom.- Analyse secondary information to identify the difficulties with the Rutherford-Bohr model, including its inability to completely explain:- The spectra of larger atoms.- The relative intensity of spectral lines.- The existence of hyperfine spectral lines.- The zeeman effect.The 2 dotpoints are essentially the same right? I don\'t see any differences between both dotpoints, besides the verb.- Describe some medical and industrial applications of radio-isotopes.- Identify data sources, and gather, process, and analyse information to describe the use of:- A named isotope in: medicine, agriculture and engineering.Those two dotpoints are also linked right? Is one isotope for each enough? Because I cbf learning extra for medicine and industrial itself (limited time, but mainly cbf again).- Discuss the key features and components of the standard model of matter, including quarks and leptons.Discuss: Identify issues and provide argument for and/or against (off the top of my head, not sure if it\'s the exact verb).So what are the issues AGAINST the standard model? - What\'s an atomic probe?- For quanta, is it necessary to learn a whole nuclear reactor? E.g. how power is generated from the Lucas Heights nuclear reactor? Which dotpoint would this be?Overall HSC:- It\'s absolutely fine to use dotpoints right? Do markers actually prefer dotpoints, or a proper sentence structure? Personally if I was marking, I\'d prefer dotpoints.- Is it fine to use arrows that logically lead from one point to another? I guess it\'s a flow chart, but just in case markers don\'t rage.Thanks in advance.

OUCH. Sorry, no way I can read or make sense of that - please reformat it!

Last edited:

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Reading that gave me a goddam migrane.

1 - With regards to the rutherford-bore model, the first point could be referring to some of the earlier difficulties (when it was just the rutherford model). These might include things like how it didn't explain why electrons maintained a stable orbit.

2 - for the first dot point, you need to have a general knowledge of the range of applications of radioisotopes, but must not mention their names. For the second one, you need to know the names and functions of 3 known and used radioisotopes. Very slight difference.

3 - I'm still learning about quarks and leptons, so I can't really answer that.

4 - don't need to know specific reactor

5 - some questions allow dot points, some don't.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Sorry about the writing above. My internet is being :(. I will reformat at school tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)