Quanta to Quarks people~! (1 Viewer)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
who did this topic? what did you think of it?

i personallly found it quite easy. the 7 marker on the nuclear fission and the process stumped me though~! =(

also, calculating the energy released: did u just minus the final energy from the initial level which worked out the enrgy released?

and what did u write for the missing half of the table of values? :S

overall, i thought it was easier than previous years. yay

Riviet

HSC
N/A
The 7 marker seemed tough at first but as I began to write it, it became strangely easier as I knew what I was talking about. Totally forgot about finding the energy in that 4 marker, only found the wavelength. :(

Had no idea about the Heisenberg question, but just wrote something anyway. :p

Overall I think I did alright in this section...

Lockhart

Fugitive/assasin
HSC
About the question of the table values for the Rydelburg equasion, were we meant to use the table values or theroy. I used the table values which I assume were aproximations, will they mark us down for that do you think?

Lockhart

Fugitive/assasin
HSC
You'll get two marks I think two for the wavelenght and 2 for the energy state.
As for Pauli and Heisenburg, I was lucky enough to write out what they did last nigth and in the 7 mark I just discribed Nuclear reactors and some of the history of Fermi with the first Nuclear pile in Chicargo.

Ioup

HSC
I'm sure you were meant to use the table as they were specific to photon enegy relase absorption but I could be wrong.

EmmR

Vegetarian Noodles!!!
HSC
I should have studied..., i couldn't think of the proper terminology and resorted to 3 letta words...=.='
what did i think of the exam? My left wrist started hurting....despite the fact that i was right handed.....

for that energy q.. arnt you suppose to use that equation.. and muck around with it.

and realise that the frequency was just
F=1/T
and then use the graph.. for the bracketed part.. so you had the frequency
and then realise

E=hf which was E=hr(that number from the graph)

Isn't it amazing that we're all in year 12 and that were all gunna finish school!!!
o_O

i said...The missing half would have been the energy imput to make the electrons jump up not down.. so they were lazy and didn't include it. and wasn't Heizenberg that dude who said photons were wave and dots?

...why am i thinking about the exams after its over!? theres no point!!! run for the hills!!!!

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
heisenberg - uncertainty principle. no 2 electron's can have the 4 same quantum numbers.

also i said the same things about the energy needed to be inputted to make electrons jump up.

bboyelement

HSC
shinji said:
heisenberg - uncertainty principle. no 2 electron's can have the 4 same quantum numbers.

also i said the same things about the energy needed to be inputted to make electrons jump up.
nope. heisenberg is the uncertanty principle - theres a limit how precisely momentum and the position can be found.

pauli's exclusion -no 2 electron's can have the 4 same quantum numbers.

cjh

HSC
yeah for that question i got something like 1.06 x 10^-19 Joules? anyone get that

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
yeah that's the one.
haha i got mixed up.~~~

hopefully i didn't in the exam. hahah

Sir Loin

HSC
The 7 marker was nice - babbled on about nuclear reactors + cadmium rods.:)
Screwed the calculation one, and stumped on the heisenburg one. Like, wtf? 3 lines... The quarks one was a good finisher, made me feel all nice and tingly inside.:rofl:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Sir Loin said:
The 7 marker was nice - babbled on about nuclear reactors + cadmium rods.:)
Screwed the calculation one, and stumped on the heisenburg one. Like, wtf? 3 lines... The quarks one was a good finisher, made me feel all nice and tingly inside.:rofl:
kekeke yeahhh =]

for the 7 marker 1 .. were we supposed to talk about the components of a nuclear reactor? coz that's what i did anddd yeah .. ~~

RingerINC

BBoy OG Loc Gangsta
HSC
Yeah with the pauli and heisenberg one i had read it the night before in that success one book, but all i could remember was the uncertainty principle and paulis exclusion principle, i had no idea what the exclusion principle was about and from the answers i knew there was something else about pauli and i wrote the wrong thing...

I was such an idiot on that question...

Also, 7-marker i just kept on talking about nukes...

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
shinji said:
kekeke yeahhh =]

for the 7 marker 1 .. were we supposed to talk about the components of a nuclear reactor? coz that's what i did anddd yeah .. ~~
Yeah, I did bits of the nuclear reactor for the 7 marker. Did anyone else think it seemed like they wanted to find the most guarded way of asking "should Australia go nuclear?"

I think I lost a mark or two on the cyclotron, and you never know with 7 mark questions, but overall I was quite happy with the Quanta to Quarks section. Particularly the last question... I'll take the two marks thank you. :)

I_F

SPG

HSC
Heisenburg did the unceratianty principle, which means that you can't tell where a particle is if you know what its momentum is doing and vice versa. Pauli stated that no two electrons could have the same set of 4 quantum numbers.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
SPG said:
Heisenburg did the unceratianty principle, which means that you can't tell where a particle is if you know what its momentum is doing and vice versa. Pauli stated that no two electrons could have the same set of 4 quantum numbers.
lol i stuffed heisenberg up a bit.

i said sumin about momentum and energy ....
or something. hahah
i had a mind blank soooo i just made some random crap up ~_~

RingerINC

BBoy OG Loc Gangsta
HSC
Also, according to success one, which is often unnecessarily obese:

Heisenberg made a major contribution to the develipment of atomic theory. Some of the points a good answer might contain include:

- His uncertainty principle
- His non-relativistic form of quantum mechanics
- His proposal that a nucleus containing protons and neutrons was preferable to one containing protons and electrons (1932)
- His way of viewing the atom through its observable properties rather than a visual model
- He put forward a unified field theory that was not widely supported (the fuck?)

Pauli also made an important contribution to the development of atomic theory. His two most important contributions are his exclusion principle (that gave a theoretical basis for the periodic classification of elements) and his prediction of the neutrino while studying beta decay.

In short if you wrote that, you win

yankyfly

HSC
cjh said:
yeah for that question i got something like 1.06 x 10^-19 Joules? anyone get that
for the energy i think i got 1.06 x 10^-20 J... similar answer

SPG said:

Hiesenberg also came up with a unified mathematical quantum theory known as matrix mechanics. Puali applied Hiesenergs mathematical model to the spectrum of hydrogen and found the balmer series and rydbergs constant, showing that Hiesenberg's theory worked. Then Hiesenberg had his uncertainty principle, pauli his exclusion principle, and pauili also suggested the netrino to justify Beta decay

little master

HSC
RingerINC said:
- His uncertainty principle
- His non-relativistic form of quantum mechanics
- His proposal that a nucleus containing protons and neutrons was preferable to one containing protons and electrons (1932)
- His way of viewing the atom through its observable properties rather than a visual model
- He put forward a unified field theory that was not widely supported (the fuck?)

Pauli also made an important contribution to the development of atomic theory. His two most important contributions are his exclusion principle (that gave a theoretical basis for the periodic classification of elements) and his prediction of the neutrino while studying beta decay.
[/I]
wow i red the exact same thing yesterday but failed to memorise the whole thing.. but i mentioned 3 points from the five and wrte exactly the same thing for pauli's contribution. is that good enough.. should get 4/4 or if not 3?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
yeah.

i wrote exclusion princple [elaborated on it]
heseinberg uncertainty [elaborated]
and then prediction of neutrino [elaborated]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)