quanta to quarks assessment (1 Viewer)

ze_goldenboy

HSC
does any1 have an assessment that they have done on this topic......i need a little help

any notes?

stag_j

I had one a month or 2 ago on Q2Q. it was basically a research task that was assessed by a written response in class.
the topic hadn't been taught in class yet, so we were given a list of syllabus points being assessed and we had to research them. they were basically all the ones related to bohr, rutherford, de broglie, planck, neutron scattering, particle acceleraters and the standard model.
i forget the exact wording of the in class assessment, but it was broken into two parts. the first was something along the lines of discuss how the inability of the classical model of the atom led to the birth of quantum physics.
the second part was talking about how quantum physics was used in modern times - so we basically had to talk about how a particle accelerator worked and what it was used for, talk about the uses of neutron scattering, and talk a little about quarks/leptons etc. however from memory the marking scheme didnt place much importance on this part relating to the standard model.

essentially, we were given 40min to write everything we could. the first part was basically a detailed time-line of the development of the atomic model.

what do you guys think the chances are of getting a challenging question on the standard model? its one of the most complicated parts of the physics course, and especailly for only one dot point there is an enormous amount of knowledge associated with it. my thoughts are that if it is tested, only a basic description would be required...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)