Quality Tutor in Sydney City (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Hi,

I'm a 2003 Year 12 student who is willing to tutor high school students in the Sydney city area (tuition is usually held at UTS, a 5 min stroll from Central Station).

The subjects I studied for the HSC include English Advanced with Extension 1 and Extension 2, Mathematics with Extension 1, Chemistry, Biology and Modern History. I came first at Albury High in Eng Ex 1, Eng Ex 2, Chem, Bio and Mod Hist in the HSC trial... I came 2nd in Adv Eng and Adv Maths.

I got a UAI of 96.5, with band sixes in Mathematics (91), English Advanced (90) and Biology (91). I got 89 in Modern History in the HSC, however scored 94 in my trial and has a bad day on the exam day!

I'm willing to tutor English Advanced (the only texts I can help with are King Lear, Brave New World/Blade Runner and Frontline... I'm a journalism student so I can give you lots of interesting stuff for Frontline!), English Extension 1 (Individual and Society module only) and Modern History (WW1, Indochina and Germany topics only... Leni Riefenstahl personality study). I may be able to help you in the other subjects I studied if you want, but I might be a little bit rusty.

I will also offer tutoring in English for students in Yr 7-10.

Also, I can help develop your essay writing skills if this is something you have difficulty with. I study an Arts degree at university, and hence write a lot of essays. I can also help you if you need to know the Harvard referencing system.

I am also undertaking my Associate (Teacher) Diploma in Speech and Drama through the AMEB (I have passed the practical componant and will sit for the theory later this year) so I can really help you with your public speaking and presentation skills.

My Prices are as follows:

1 hour $20
1.5 hours $25
2 hours $32

I take home my tutoring student's papers and am always available to them via phone or email, and that is at no extra cost to the face-to-face tutoring rate.

If you are interested, email me at ashleebee03@hotmail.com, or send me a private message. If you want to speak to me about tuition, send me a message and I will give you my telephone number so we can discuss your options.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hey ill be interested in frontline when we start it. cheers

HSC
me and my friend J can vouch for ash being a great tutor (very smart and patient :))

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
heya. I'll PM you > I will be interested in Frontline tutoring during the holidays for an assessment that we have :)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Hi all,

Sorry I didn't get back to some people, I'm back in Sydney now after being away for 5 and a half weeks.

I only have limited time available at the moment to tutor because of a new job, however if people are interested drop me a line. (I'm mostly available in the mornings on weekends and a few mornings during the week, plus Thursday afternoon)

Apologies for my unavailability, and my long holidays!!!

cimbom

HSC
congratulations on your results last year :). I might have to ask you some questions come term 4- becuase you did all of the same texts and topics as me in eng. adv. and mod. history :cool: . Not sure about eng. ext yet though- i think we're doing gendered language.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I'm just bumping this up. I'm currently in New Zealand, but I will be back in Sydney as of the 15th of Feb and I have timeslots available for new students, so if anyone is interested, drop me a line and I will get back to you when I return from holidays.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Hey, don't scab my potential students!!!

I'm back in Sydney, desperately broke after my NZ trip... so if you need a tutor, ask away!!!!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Bumping this up again, I recently quit one of my other jobs so I have a lot more time to tutor this semester. If you are interested, email me.

I also just qualified for my Associate Diploma in Speech and Drama (Teaching) through the AMEB. This means I am a qualified speech and drama teacher. If you are interested in lessons to improve your public speaking/speech skills, contact me also.

desdemona

HSC
tutoring

hi, i just wanted to advice everyone that if u really want tutoring it is best to get it from a qualified teacher. the teachers are qualified to do this. We r just students who can give advice but not in a commercial and business manner.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I think that university student tutors can be very helpful indeed in helping you prepare for your exams and assignments. We know the subject. We can remember what doing the HSC is like. Often if we are at university we have additional knowledge in our subject area. Plus you have to remember there is a difference in the pricing between university students and qualified teachers to account for the difference in knowledge/tutoring experience. Also I am a qualified Speech and Drama teacher, which means I have undertaken studies in one on one teaching tecniques as well as all the speech and drama theory.

I find it a bit rude that you decide to post that message in my tutoring thread when either you could have posted a general thread about it where people could discuss your thoughts. Also, you haven't posted this in anyone elses thread. Instead by posting that in my thread it implies in some way that my tuition is not up to standard, and considering that you have not been tutored by me I don't think you are fit to judge.

Last edited:

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
hey where's the best place to get tutoring etc?
i need help for
english
modern history
legal
ancient history

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
I think that university student tutors can be very helpful indeed in helping you prepare for your exams and assignments. We know the subject. We can remember what doing the HSC is like. Often if we are at university we have additional knowledge in our subject area. Plus you have to remember there is a difference in the pricing between university students and qualified teachers to account for the difference in knowledge/tutoring experience. Also I am a qualified Speech and Drama teacher, which means I have undertaken studies in one on one teaching tecniques as well as all the speech and drama theory.

I find it a bit rude that you decide to post that message in my tutoring thread when either you could have posted a general thread about it where people could discuss your thoughts. Also, you haven't posted this in anyone elses thread. Instead by posting that in my thread it implies in some way that my tuition is not up to standard, and considering that you have not been tutored by me I don't think you are fit to judge.

hmm, university tutoring, is it good? and where can you find one? contacts, days of tutoring etc???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)