Quality of Excel Mathematics+MX1 Study Guides (1 Viewer)

roonneyge

HSC
Are they a good study resource? And would you need to buy both the Mathematics and MX1 books if doing MX1?

Last edited:

tashe

HSC
N/A
Many people on BOS dislike Excel study books because they find it too simple and easy.

I haven't used them myself, so I can't give you a personal opinion.

For 3U, it's seems people on BOS like Cambridge. Once again, I haven't used it myself.

Most of the times, if you buy a book labelled "3 UNIT", it would include both Mathematics and Mathematics Extension 1 questions (3U books generally separate the MX1 questions from Mathematics questions with an asterisk or highlight (you will need to look at the first few pages of the book to find out since it differs from book to book). So no, you don't need to buy 2 books.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
IMO, i found them very useful for learning from and some of the questions were really good (nothing's perfect) and once you learn it you can refer to other books or past papers. Overall, very good

braintic

HSC
N/A
Depends on your ability and the result you are aiming for.

If you are average then they are good. If you are very good at maths and are aiming high, then not so good. But they would still be useful in making sure you can do the fundamentals of each topic, before branching out into something more rigorous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)