q's about university stuff (1 Viewer)

rude

Hi friends!

i have questions about the place where you have to get in the 90s to do freaking Business or Commerce or Law (University)

1) who do i ring to find out how i can do those course with my low UAI?

thanks in advance

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
your best bet would be to ring the respective unis. or perhaps uac.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Your options are either to go to TAFE for a year or two and get accredited for uni after that, or to enroll in a degree of lower cutoff and do well then transfer after 1 year

Rahul

Dead Member
get a hold of the uac guide, it will give you the general idea of the uai cut-offs for all courses, and then you can apply to diff unis from there.

rude

thank you for replies guys and girls but what i mean is:

after i got my UAI, who do i call to get an advice about the pathways to get into commerce/law? i.e. can i call UAC and ask them? or i have to call each uni and speak ask?

thanks in advance

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
usyd/unsw/uts have open days on jan 5th, which is also the last day to change your preferences for the main round. i'd say you should ask them on that day for more information on what you want to know.

but as minai already said, the most common way is to trasnfer after 1 year of study in a degree with a lower cut off. i'd suggest you check out macq uni and uws as well because they have an internal trasnfer policy which will make it easier for you to trasnfer after the first year. with usyd/unsw/uts, you have to go thru uac again as well as get a d average or higher!!

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
just a wierd question did anyone take into consideration about the travelling time to get to a certain uni?

sunny

meh.
HSC
Unless you live far away, most campuses are near or around the city..so..not really. Compared to picking the right course for your future isn't much compared to a little travel time...if thats the case.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
but still take travel time into consideration. for me, it was either 10 minutes drive to uws campbelltown or 2 hours travelling one way in peak to get to usyd!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)