Qs about selective entry into Y10 (1 Viewer)

clivedude

HSC
Hey all. I am currently in Y9 and am aiming to get into either Fort Street or Sydney Tech next year. I only started considering joining a selective school last week, and so as a result I've got a lot of questions.

Firstly, is there anything I can do about my extracurriculars? Right now, I have nearly straight A's but have basically zero extracurriculars. The only things I could think of putting down are Maths Olympiad (from primary), PRC (from primary) and Taekwondo (from primary).

So,
1. What can I do to fix this between now and the application dates?
2. Should I put down my primary things?

Also,
3. What's the process like at Sydney Tech?
4. Can I reapply (both schools) next year if I don't get accepted?

clivedude

HSC
Do not put down extracurricular activities from primary, that's way too old, it should be stuff from within the last two years. I'm not sure about the process of applying for sydney tech, but yes you can apply again in Y10 for Y11 entry (this will be your best shot of getting in as most schools tend to open up a new class)
Alright, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the info.

moonsuyoung

HSC
Hey all. I am currently in Y9 and am aiming to get into either Fort Street or Sydney Tech next year. I only started considering joining a selective school last week, and so as a result I've got a lot of questions.

Firstly, is there anything I can do about my extracurriculars? Right now, I have nearly straight A's but have basically zero extracurriculars. The only things I could think of putting down are Maths Olympiad (from primary), PRC (from primary) and Taekwondo (from primary).

So,
1. What can I do to fix this between now and the application dates?
2. Should I put down my primary things?

Also,
3. What's the process like at Sydney Tech?
4. Can I reapply (both schools) next year if I don't get accepted?
Try do duke of ed if you haven't already. If you achieve a bronze award it may boost your application next year and will include volunteering, physical activity and skills (such as a musical instrument). I suggest taking extracurricular activities which involve certificates (such as AMEB musical instrument) and do not put down any things from primary school (too old)! And yes, you can always reapply next year!!

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Also iirc I think fort makes you write an essay as part of your application, so start that as soon as possible (so you can keep editing/refining it).
This man rejected an offer to james ruse btw so u know hes that extra valid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)