Qantas Marketing Assessment (1 Viewer)

Lizzae

HSC
Recently i got an assessment for Business Studies but the questions i got are confusing. There are two that are really similar and i'm not sure what headings the information falls under in my text book or under syllabus dot points.

The questions are
- Explain why the marketing concept is critical for the success of Qantas and other firms
- explain, with reference to Qantas, how it uses ‘position’ for one of its products/services to target a specific market
- evaluate how effectively Qantas uses the marketing strategies to support its ‘positioning’ of product/service
- critically analyse the social and ethical responsibilities of Qantas in marketing its products and services to customers

The second and third one are what's giving my trouble... both mention positioning....

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Qantas position their flights as comfortable, safe, and stylish. Positioning by benefits will appeal to those who can afford to pay for extra luxuries.
Qantas' global brand is becoming more recognisable, and is ensuring repeat sales.
Qantas and Amcor successfully differentiate their product from competitors in order to gain a competitive advantage and expand their customer base.

summer25

HSC
explain with reference to qantas how it uses position to target a specific market
sylabus points - positioning (by benefits, price or quality, direct comparison, users or usage occasion) and target market (behavioural, demographic, psychographic etc)

- firstly it states ONE product/service so your not actually focusing on qantas as a whole but one of its services eg jetstar
- basically state how this service is positioned and show how this position would attract a specific customer (target market) eg service might be positioned as high quality, prestigous etc and therefore appeal to people with a higher socio-economic status.

evaluate how effectively Qantas uses the marketing strategies to support its ‘positioning’ of product/service
- Marketing strategies are the four P's - show how these strategies support the positioning eg to position a product as high quality and prestigous =

Product - exclusive branding(fancy name etc), extra features eg if your talking about qantas you'd be refering to comfort based features like wider seat width, better food etc.
Price - high price etc etc
its asking you to evaluate whether the marketing strategies support how the product is positioned.

hope that helps

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
i just finished my marketing assignment on Qantas and Amcor

And i found (as i wrote above) thats what they relied on

Last edited:

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Heres my assignment if u want to view

[link removed due to copyright issues. Sorry Sando]

Last edited by a moderator:

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
i actually had to write it as an in-class assignment in 45 minutes...
The result is pending... and i'll post my mark here as soon as i recieve it

Lizzae

HSC
Wow thank you guys so much! I didn't expect such a quick reply :) . Mine's an in class assessment too.

Ok so i have another question....relating to the ethical section.

Should i be analysing their previous unethical behaviour or analysing their all round responsibilities like towards the environment and the general society (like with pricing and advertising)

Last edited:

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
i recieved 19/20 for the in-class marketing report- business studies and equal 1st in class... so pretty happy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)