Q19 MP of catholic trial (1 Viewer)

jon0_o

HSC
"which nations account for the least world out put, exports and Foreign Direct Investment"
A) Newly industrialised economies
B) Advanced economies
C) Developing economies
D) Transitions economies

The answers c) developing economies but I still don't think it's right, I put transition economeis on one of the first few pages of the Riley textbook its got a table of world GDP developing: 28%, transition economies: 7%. On one of the next few pgs its got a similar stat for exports. Am I seeing something wrong, China and India alone account for more world output, exports and FDI than all the NIE's or transition econmies combined together.
Why is it developing, I'm pretty sure the CSSA wouldn't make such a glaring mistake as this?

Always

HSC
Don't quote me on this, but I don't think China and India can be classified as 'developing' economies anymore. I thought developing economies referred mainly to those of Sub-Saharan Africa, in which case option c) would make sense.

fluffie_sh1t

HSC
personally, would hav pickd transition economies. But since the Catho pplz sed it is developin, den i guess ill switch sides...

mayb initially only advance and developing economies was the only main contenders... on that table of urs (well not urz but rileyz - speakin of riley... wwaaa wat a bore!!) newly industrialised economies would group up wif the adv eco, n in turn transition eco would group up wif developing... as seen on d table developing counties yield 45.4 % of d worlds GDP of that 45% 7 belong to transtional eco... aishhhhhh!!!... dunno lah!!... (yes .. im stupid, altho i dunt think u needed me to tell u that, u seem bright enough to figure out urself)

bahhh... its only one mark... go have a about cry abt it! unless u got 99% - in that case seriously go cry, dat worth it,,, ill happily lend u a hanky (well if i had one to start off with)

cheerz!^^

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
My teachers accepted both Transition and Developing economies as an answer, on the basis that China and India are difficult to definitively classify into either.

-P_D

lisraeli

HSC
It has to be developing...consider all the developing economies in Africa and South America...
I think the question was probably based in a general sense rather then the inclusion of recent times (eg China/India)

Monstar

HSC
Yeah. As soon as i read that question i picked C. as the dude above me said, i think they wish you to intepret it ina general sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)