Q19 Bauklkham Hills. Module 7 addition polymerization (1 Viewer)

Interdice

HSC
1695112807888.png
Answer is C. I got B

I looked at the Edrolo lesson, and while I memorized the 4 addition polymers, I can't figure out why the answer was C. Could someone give an explanation? Thanks.

Interdice

HSC
I screwed up and got D lol. I see my mistake now. I was gonna correct him/her. Good thing I didnt.

i got 8.8 x 10^4.

I got
4 carbon atoms
2 oxygen atoms
8 hydrogen atoms

Figured it out. 6 hydrogen atoms. Not 8

Last edited:

Interdice

HSC
nah it’s all good he didn’t put the paper in the title or anything so it’d be pretty hard to find
Know any trial papers with accurate solutions? I have also been doing physics, and for one I caught mistakes. It was the Sydney Boys half yearly. It's been pulled now.

carrotsss

HSC
Know any trial papers with accurate solutions? I have also been doing physics, and for one I caught mistakes. It was the Sydney Boys half yearly. It's been pulled now.
I don’t really remember any specifically without mistakes (I’ve definitely done them though), most papers are fine if you avoid CSSA and lower tier schools

Interdice

HSC
Firstly HCL reacted uses 4 sig figs. not 3.

Secondly moles of CaCO3 = moles of HCl.

This n(CaCO3) = 0.0136.

m = 0.0136x(40+16x3 + 12)
m = 1.36 approx.

However the mass is 600 grams for soem reason.

Help

carrotsss

HSC
Firstly HCL reacted uses 4 sig figs. not 3.

Secondly moles of CaCO3 = moles of HCl.

This n(CaCO3) = 0.0136.

m = 0.0136x(40+16x3 + 12)
m = 1.36 approx.

However the mass is 600 grams for soem reason.

Help
yeah u right

carrotsss

HSC
I still don't get how trials can have so many wrong answers
the teachers writing the papers are just average everyday teachers who have to do it on top of their normal job and with very limited time (and obv a strict deadline), they cant really be expected to make a flawless paper like the hsc which has like a year of a board of people working on it

Interdice

HSC
the teachers writing the papers are just average everyday teachers who have to do it on top of their normal job and with very limited time (and obv a strict deadline), they cant really be expected to make a flawless paper like the hsc which has like a year of a board of people working on it
Even bought trials sometimes have mistakes though. At my high school we bought the physics trial.

They fucked up with a simple sub in the formula question and the teacher gave us all extra marks. Except for the student who actually lost a mark, and begged the teacher lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)